Sr Software QA Engineer - SDeT - Brentwood, TN, or Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This role combines a focus in software quality and testing as well as review and analysis of business requirements by ensuring adherence to quality standards and practices defined by our company, the Health Care Industry and Compliance. You will be heavily involved in developing and executing a multifaceted testing approach including functional/system testing, integration testing, service level testing via Ready API, end to end testing, exploratory testing, and regression.
We emphasize collaboration across multiple feature and support teams to deliver quality integrated products.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures based on business requirements
- Perform functional, application and regression, to ensure that developed products meet design specifications and are within total quality management limits and standards. Participate in cross-functional initiatives and End to End testing coordination
- Analyze requirements, perform ambiguity analysis to ensure that requirements meet design specifications and standards
- Identify and investigate issues found during testing, assist Software Engineers in troubleshooting and update test cases based on discovered defects
- Contribute to standards and procedures for measuring product quality and release readiness
- Execute performance tests within Scrum Teams to ensure early detection of issues. Assist in troubleshooting and investigation of issues/concerns
- Enhance automation framework, create, maintain, and execute automated test scripts. Optimize performance of test execution through innovation
- Support UAT initiatives by providing data set up, access, and troubleshooting issues
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of progressive QA/testing experience in Information Technology or software development focus on problems / projects of diverse complexity and scope
- Experience in automation, creating scripts, execution and troubleshooting using Selenium, QTP or other front-end automation tools
- Experience in performance test script creation, execution and troubleshooting using tools such as LoadRunner, JMeter, LoadUI, etc.
- Possess specialist understanding of QA/testing principals and policies with experience as a project leader for quality
- Ability to apply developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex testing challenges
- Ability to influence others within and outside of job function, and may communicate with external stakeholders
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
naviHealth is improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live more fulfilling lives. For nearly a decade, naviHealth has been a trusted partner for the nation’s top health plans, health systems, and at-risk physician groups navigating the shift from volume to value. Powered by a predictive technology and decision support platform that provides clinicians and care teams with evidence-based protocols, naviHealth’s high-touch, proven care model fully supports patients from pre-acute through to the home.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.