Project Engineer - Pantex
Work Where it Matters
Akima Infrastructure Services (AIS), an Akima company, is not just another staffing contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AIS, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AIS provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AIS supports vital missions with the most in-demand and specialized skill sets in the world.
As an AIS employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC (AIS), is actively seeking Engineering, Professional, Technical, and administrative support personnel as part of our staff augmentation team supporting the Department of Energy at the Y-12 National Security Complex located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and the Pantex Plant located in Amarillo, Texas.
Successful candidates will be employees of AIS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance Y-12's core mission to ensure a safe, secure, and reliable U.S. nuclear deterrent, which is essential to national security. Though employed by AIS, the employee will take day-to-day direction and assignments from Y-12 staff employed directly by the security complex. Pay, benefits, Human Resources, and Employment Management functions are provided by AIS.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
- Responsible for managing complex, multi-discipline engineering services (both internal and subcontracted) and component or bulk material procurements in support of projects.
- May be assigned to support a specific plant organization for all engineering needs, including projects and minor non-project modifications and studies, and/or matrixed to a single or multiple project manager(s) for the engineering effort associated with capital or expense-funded activities.
- Ensures the Engineering organization's performance of the established scope of work and directs development, maintenance, and execution of a project/task technical work scope within budget and schedule.
- Approves all design deliverables and ensures that all technical input requirements are considered and incorporated and that reviews for constructability, acceptability, operability, maintainability, safety, etc., are performed.
- Bachelor of Science in [Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, or Chemical] Engineering from an Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited program in the United States or designated equivalents from Canada or Mexico, the Washington Accord, or the list of substantially equivalent as documented by ABET.
- A Professional Engineering License (PE) is preferred but not required.
- Typical experience could range from five to twenty plus years.
- Active DOE Q clearance required.
- Extensive technical expertise and full knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computers.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to various engineering disciplines.
- Ability to apply technical skills of engineering to the design of facilities and/or appurtenances to facilities.
- Ability to coordinate engineering teams and collaborate with stakeholders to outline project requirements and develop scopes of work, project schedules, and budgets.
- Ability to prepare, read, and/or interpret complex engineering drawings.
- Ability to conduct formal presentations to plant personnel and other interested parties.
- Ability to review projects for technical accuracy.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively through the oral and written word.
- Proficient use of computer software (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, Skype; Microsoft Project, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
- Position requires essential physical and cognitive capabilities (e.g., ability to sit, stand, and walk for long periods and distances; ability to climb ladders; ability to stoop, kneel, squat; ability to perform elevated work; ability to work in temperature extremes; high attention to detail and ability to gather, sort, and record accurate information; proficient in problem solving, comprehension, communication, prioritization, teamwork, and negotiation, etc.)
- HRP is preferred.
- This position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy. If determined as such, this position would be identified as a Workplace Substance Abuse (WSAP) testing designated position. WSAP positions require participation in an ongoing random drug testing program in addition to the pre-employment drug screen.
- Pre-employment Drug Screen - external applicants selected for this position are required to successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
- Medical Exam(s) - Job related pre-placement medical examinations may be required for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Clearance: DOE Q
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AIS00659