Testing Engineer - Level I-III - Department of Energy (DOE) - CNS/Y-12
Work Where it Matters
Akima Infrastructure Services (AIS), an Akima company, is not just another staffing contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AIS, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AIS provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AIS supports vital missions with the most in-demand and specialized skill sets in the world.
As an AIS employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC (AIS), is actively seeking Engineering, Professional, Technical, and Administrative support personnel as part of our staff augmentation team supporting the Department of Energy at the Y-12 National Security Complex located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and the Pantex Plant located in Amarillo, Texas.
Successful candidates will be employees of AIS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance Y-12's core mission to ensure a safe, secure, and reliable U.S. nuclear deterrent, which is essential to national security. Though employed by AIS, the employee will take day-to-day direction and assignments from Y-12 staff employed directly by the security complex. Pay, benefits, Human Resources, and Employment Management functions are provided by AIS. To join our team of outstanding professionals, apply today!
Testing Engineer I-III (Level depends on education and experience).
- The Testing Engineer is responsible for developing and overseeing or executing test instructions for the purpose of demonstrating acceptable performance of equipment and systems, providing input to the development of and reviewing engineering issued specifications for applicable test requirements and acceptance criteria, working with Project Engineers, system engineers, and design engineers to ensure testability of acceptance criteria, reviewing vendor submitted factory acceptance test (FAT) for adherence to specification required test requirements and functional / operational performance requirements and then to attend/witness FAT testing as the test subject matter expert specialist.
- The Testing Engineer also provide estimates for field testing activities and provide the appropriate schedule input for project testing activities.
- They assist in the development of project functional acceptance criteria (FAC) documents, develop test documents, perform preoperational testing on newly installed or modified SSCs, to ensure equipment and systems meet the specified requirements, documenting the test results, producing documentation about his/her work, meeting with customers, other Test Personnel, and site construction to discuss issues/status, meeting with contractors and other staff to provide technical guidance, diagnosing faults and troubleshoot problems encountered during test activities.
- Testing Engineers will participate in Test Review Boards and advise the Board on testing progress, issues and concerns and provide evidence for completion of planned testing activities, as well as be responsible for directing support teams of craft and technicians, in test performance.
- Testing Engineers work with the Project Engineers in all facets of testing support during project execution and readiness activities and participate in final system integration and validation to identify functional problems.
- Testing Engineers follow internal quality control standards, programs and the maintenance of reliability programs.
- Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
- BA/BS degree plus 5-9 years of direct experience or a MA or MS with 5-9 years of experience.
- Active DOE Q clearance required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Clearance: DOE Q
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AIS00662