Design Automation Engineer
For our Shop Floor Automation Systems (part of the Business Technology Group) at our manufacturing site in Oss, we are looking for an:
Design Automation Engineer (2 year contract)
Welkom to our team
Within Organon The Netherlands Business Technology (IT & Automation) is responsible for the management and implementation of all IT systems and automated machinery for Organon's production location in Oss. Here you can think, for example, of the renewal/ modernization of packaging lines. From PLC to ERP level. The department consists of a team of driven IT Specialists and Automation Engineers, approximately 50 employees in total. The Shop Floor Automation Systems group consists of approximately 35 Automation Engineers, who are responsible for the support and availability of all shopfloor and automation systems for the Organon site in Oss, as well as for a large number of versatile and challenging projects.
Purpose of the role
As an Automation Engineer you will be responsible for leading product implementations in order to contribute to optimal performance in the plant with regard to new equipment, systems, documentation and use of resources. You will be part of one or more multidisciplinary project teams consisting of construction, automation, procurement and documentation roles, working together with the several Process & Automation Engineers, EHS (SHE) Specialists and Technical Operations Engineers.
- Define the standards for efficient and compliant implementations of new (automated) production lines and applications within Organon;
- Solve technical challenges;
- Support and guard technical standards and solve challenges connecting to the existing systems on site, when new equipment will be installed by the vendor;
- Troubleshoot, propose and implement improvements with the aim of maintaining and providing safe, reliable and qualified new equipment for the assigned assets within the manufacturing department;
- Stay aware of possible malfunctions and recognize deviations and investigate them further. Where applicable, responsible for implementing changes/ improvements.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Industrial Automation, IT or Business Administration;
- Around 5 years of experience in (Process) Automation in the pharmaceutical, IT, automotive, chemical or Fast-Moving Consumer Goods sector;
- Knowledge of ISA-05; systems like MES, LIMS, SCADA and PLC's;
- Knowledge of automation standards Siemens (PLC, HMI) and basic knowledge of SCADA systems (preferably iFix);
- Familiar with Agile Scrum principles;
- Experience in Life Sciences is preferred;
- Experience with Computerized System Validation;
- Proactive and result-oriented team player;
- Strong project & program management skills and able to work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and willing to learn the Dutch language quickly or you already speak Dutch.
Secondary Job Description
Who We Are:
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions. Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from candidates with a diverse background. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our applicants.
If you require reasonable accommodation(s) in completing an application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Organon LLC, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Annualized Salary Range
Annualized Salary Range (Global)
Employee Status:Project Temps (Fixed Term)
Travel Requirements: Organon employees must be able to satisfy all applicable travel and credentialing requirements, including associated vaccination prerequisites
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1