Supplier Development Engineer
Eaton’s Critical Power and Digital Infrastructure (CPDI) division is currently seeking a Supplier Development Engineer. CPDI is a ~$1.6B business with multiple locations in the US (Raleigh, NC – Richmond, VA – Chicago, IL – Worcester, MA, and Santa Ana, CA) and is currently one of the fastest growing businesses within the Electrical Sector. This position will be based in Raleigh, NC.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $88,499 - $129,799 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
As a Supplier Development Engineer, you will be responsible for the deployment of supplier development and improvement processes across the CPDI Division. You will direct the selection, qualification, maintenance, and development of assigned commodities for the Division. You will ensure supplier readiness to support current and future programs and build relationships with vendors. You will work with the businesses to understand areas where we are lacking supplier capabilities to meet future business needs.
In this role, you will:
• Work directly with suppliers where Quality or Delivery performance, or business risk demands robust corrective action and improvement. Utilize expertise and a wide range of tools to identify and lead improvement actions including Problem Solving, Auditing, Material Management, and Load & Capacity planning.
• Conduct initial Supplier Site Assessments (SSA) to evaluate risk with New Suppliers prior to their addition to the Approved Supplier List (ASL).
• Perform capability (Product, Process, Materials Management) assessments and where necessary, Special Process Audits with key suppliers to evaluate the application of advanced quality tools, manufacturing capabilities, material management, and lean maturity. Support the development of subsequent improvement plans and coordinates milestones & completion of actions against an agreed project charter.
• Assess Production Rate Readiness with suppliers that are undergoing significant industrial transfers to ensure risks are understood and coordinates the timely completion of actions to eliminate supply chain disruption.
• Actively support supply chain cost-out projects and new product introduction by working closely with suppliers from development through to production launch, ensuring compliance to process, and coordinating on time submission of FAI’s or PPAPs as required.
• Coach suppliers in the deployment of key business processes such as 8D Problem Solving, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), SIOP and Material Management.
• Monitor performance, communicates expectations, and required actions for all assigned suppliers. Support & protect the Business as a Voting Member on Divisional Gate Reviews.
• Function as a liaison between suppliers and internal functions/plants (Engineering, Quality, Operations etc.) to clarify requirements, facilitate communication and drive accountability for improvement actions.
• Educate suppliers on Eaton internal processes to achieve optimal alignment with Eaton manufacturing plants.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, or Supply Chain
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- At least one year of experience with quality systems (ISO 9001:2015 & 14001:2015), methods and practices including APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, and PPAP
- No relocation benefit is offered for this role. Only candidates residing within a 50-mile radius of Raleigh, NC or Youngsville, NC will be considered.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt certification.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, supply chain, or business management
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) or equivalent.
- Familiarity with ISO design controls and product development practices
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) to AWS D1.1/D1.1M/D.1.2/D1.2M/C3.4/C3.4M
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.