Field Application Engineer
Eaton’s ES AMER PCS PCD division is currently seeking a Field Application Engineer. This position will be based in the Greater Denver Area. Relocation assistance is not provided.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $100093.86 - $146804.33 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
Eaton’s Bussmann Division is currently seeking a Field Application Engineer to join our team. This position is based remotely in Denver, Colorado.
The Field Application Engineer (FAE) creates and manages demand for Bussmann series products by driving and influencing specifications at the end customer, which includes consulting engineers, design-build contractors, electrical inspectors and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). Responsibilities include influencing targeted state and local jurisdictions to adopt the latest version of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and working with electrical inspectors to help enforce NEC and Underwriters Laboratories (UL) requirements that help to increase safety and ultimately sales of Bussmann series products.
The Field Application Engineer will act as the subject matter expert on overcurrent protection in the territory and develop appropriate materials, articles and presentations and other training aids to achieve the desired sales goals. The FAE should possess a level of expertise that enhances his or her ability to persuade others.
- Influence consulting engineers, design-build contractors, end users, OEMs and electrical design engineers on the benefits of specifying and utilizing Bussmann series products.
- Train and assist electrical inspectors on the benefits of enforcing NEC sections that are most beneficial for creating demand for Bussmann series products
- Assist UL inspectors on the benefits of enforcing portions of UL standards that are most beneficial for creating demand for Bussmann series products
- Train customers on the benefits and application of Bussmann series products related to the proper application per the National Electrical Code.
- Influence NFPA, IEEE, IAEI, IBEW, NECA, and NJATC members and state/local electrical code members to vote for Division-friendly changes and proposals that create demand for Division product.
- Develop specification-oriented sales materials, articles and presentations as appropriate
- Identify gaps in the product offering and associated potential new products and applications
- Provide pre-sale and value-add post sale support to OEMs on product applications
- Drive specifications at end users that “pull through” Bussmann series products at OEMs that support the end user.
- Provide technical product training and updates to both internal and external customers
- Establish as the subject matter expert or the “go-to” resource on overcurrent protection in the territory and develop appropriate materials, articles and presentations and other training aids to achieve the desired sales goals.
- Accumulates and fosters technical knowledge to stay on the cutting edge of expertise
- Coordinates activities with the commercial sales team in the territory and is a strong collaborator
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years in low voltage power systems, industrial control panels, and/or electrical distribution equipment
- Relocation is not provided. Candidates must reside within a 50-mile radius of the work location.
- Company sponsorship is not offered. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Prior experience as a consulting electrical engineer, OEM design engineer for industrial control panels, machinery, or electrical distribution equipment., Electrical Contractor or Design-Build Contractor, Sales Engineer for switchgear, distribution equipment, industrial control equipment or overcurrent protection, Electrical Inspector or Journeyman electrician
- Preferred but not required: P.E. license
- Ability to travel up to 40% within the Western region
- Ability to engage in highly technical sales and training activities, strong presentation skills to small and large audiences
- Ability to work across Eaton divisions
- Highly motivated and proven goal oriented individual capable of working from a home office with minimal supervision
- Understanding of UL Standards and the National Electrical Code (NFPA70)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.