Eaton is seeking a Project Engineer position that can be based in the Greater Phoenix area.
The annual salary range is $77,300 - $110,000. Please note this salary range is a guide and can be anywhere within the posted range.
What you’ll do:
Eaton’s Critical Power and Digital Infrastructure Division Field Service Division is currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our team. This position is based at Richmond, VA but available remote within the USA.
This position will be strategically based across the continental United States and supporting customers and field service engineers. This position supports positive customer experience through a proactive approach to project support and issue resolution associated with our Uniterupertable Power Supply units. This position will assist project manager with the UPS startups, commissioning and be liaison between the onsite project general contractor/electrical contractor, factory and field service engineers. This position leverages centralized resources to manage documentation and resolve issues and builds relationships across customers and Eaton facilities to deliver a successful project. This position works independently on daily tasks and collaborates with the onsite field team. This position will also work closely with the project managers within our strategic accounts function
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• Be a key member of a world-class service organization that recently celebrated 12 consecutive years of growth.
• Join an organization where your health & safety are the number-one priority. Eaton provides our technicians with the training, tools, and PPE to keep you safe on the job.
• Opportunities for career advancement through a defined technical track as well as broader Eaton career opportunities in various business functions.
• Have the support of a robust internal infrastructure including 24-hour Customer, Technical and Factory Support.
• Continuous hands-on learning opportunities at a world-class training facility as well as field-based mentoring.
• Competitive salary and benefits package including 401K, medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation.
• Tools including a company vehicle, laptop, hand tools, meters and smartphone.
• Award winning efforts to recruit and support military veterans and their families.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Associate degree or 2-3 years of Field Service experience
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Must have ability and willingness undergo and pass customer entrance requirements which may include, but is not limited to, periodic background checks and drug screenings.
• Associates degree in Engineering or other technical field
• Electrical industry expertise and product knowledge
• Prior experience working with contractors and project coordination
• Proficiency in applications required for job function (Adobe Acrobat, Bluebeam, SAP, Salesforce, and Microsoft O365)
• Experience with Uninterupterable Power Supply
Position Success Criteria :
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers for assigned projects
• Initiate escalation calls with technical support to ensure timeline resolution
• Leverage centralized resources to manage projects
• Initiate work orders for projects in collaboration with the dispatch team to get orders assigned to technicians
• Manage work orders to completion and collaborate with finance for invoicing
• Act as the technical liaison between customers, and field service engineers to efficiently carry out daily tasks (documentations, energization permits, lockout tag out, customers, project portals)
• Serve as the customer’s advocate by relaying the appropriate level of urgency to projects managers and escalating issues as required
• Pursue continuous learning of products and applications related to CPDI Uninterupterable Power Supply, and DCPD products
• Provide daily updates to project managers on the status of the projects
• Manage meetings with on site general contractors to ensure timeline milestones