Sr. Aerospace Product Engineer
Eaton’s IS AER FED division is currently seeking a Sr. Aerospace Product Engineer. This position is located at our Beltsville, MD location.
Our Beltsville, MD manufacturing facility is home to 400+ passionate and creative team members. Our products power hundreds of military and commercial aircraft platforms with a focus on improved reliability, weight reduction and fuel efficiency. Components & products developed at our location are used for the Mar’s Rover, protecting the Declaration of Independence, and keeping passengers cool and safe as they travel to their favorite vacation destinations. Eaton’s comprehensive portfolio sets the industry standard for engineering excellence, customized solutions for today’s industry needs while developing new technologies for next-generation aircraft designs. If you’re looking for work that is engaging, exciting, and meaningful then join us and contribute to making what matters work.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $92287.53 - $135355.04 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
This role will be the Product Engineering focal point in support of our extensive fuel and pneumatic product line and will work with a cross-functional team to ensure smooth operation of our manufacturing process. Key tasks include problem-solving of systemic issues, identification of both product and cost-reduction improvements, implementation of corrective actions, driving modernization and digitization of processes, and review and disposition of discrepant material to ensure we meet our customer’s requirements.
As Eaton is a global company, this role will also provide product engineering oversight and technical support for similar hardware produced at other Eaton factories.
Candidates must have strong organization skills and effectively multi-task to accomplish a variety of assignments in support of the factory, product improvements, and troubleshooting of issues. The role requires sound engineering judgment to rapidly address business critical operations.
This role is expected to be on-site at our factory located in Beltsville, MD and support the shop floor as needed.
In this function you will:
- Process drawing updates and modifications, as necessary, in support of production issues or product transitions between factories.
- Lead assigned cost out activities led by the engineering department, as well as support Supply Chain projects to meet annual cost out target.
- Work with Manufacturing and Quality engineering to provide technical support for production issues within the factory as well as at our suppliers.
- Provide initial engineering review of customer returned material; work with lead engineers, quality engineers, and customers to determine root cause of failure. Produce failure analysis reports as needed.
- Perform product engineering reviews of customer requirements, change requests, clarifications, etc.
- Apply statistical and analytical tools towards effective problem-solving and completion of project activities.
- Write test procedures and qualification reports in support of project deliverables, as assigned. Engage and support product testing activities in our on-site lab, as needed.
- Support new product development and capture efforts, as assigned. Learn from lead engineers for personal development for future roles.
- As necessary, participate on continuous improvement teams as Product Engineering representative. Work in team environment to meet plant driven metrics for quality, safety, delivery, performance, and inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 3+ years’ experience in an Engineering or technical discipline
- 1+ year experience with metal manufacturing processes (such as cutting, welding, forming, inspection, etc.)
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the facility listed will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited institution
- Aerospace or Automotive industry experience
- Experience with high temperature exotic alloys (Titanium, Inconel, etc.) preferred
- Familiar with aircraft product life cycle and regulatory aspects of aircraft design
- Previous design, maintenance or repair experience with aircraft systems
- Knowledge of related aircraft pneumatic products, manufacturing techniques and materials
- Familiarity with Product Data Management (PDM) systems for documentation control and workflow management
- Familiarity with continuous improvement tools such as value stream mapping, Kaizen, etc.
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) background
- Proficiency in 3D CAD Software package (CATIA V5 preferred)
- Exposure to Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Understanding of design evaluation techniques such as reliability analysis, statistical tolerance stack up, Failure Mode and Effect analysis (FMEA), etc.
- Ability to read and understand Drawings, Specifications, and Requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A willingness and ability to take a hands-on approach, in terms of manufacturing support, trouble-shooting technical issues, and product testing
- An ability to communicate technical details to non-technical individuals
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite tools
- Ability to plan and manage multiple priorities, as well as switch focus efficiently
- Ability to effectively present results and recommendations to senior-level executive team.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.