Lead Physical Design Engineer
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems (EESS) division is currently seeking a Lead Physical Design Engineer. This is a hybrid position and can be based within a 50 mile radius of Glendale Heights, IL, Houston, TX, or Wilsonville, OR.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $88,500 - $129,800 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
Eaton's Project Operations Team provides comprehensive engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) services throughout the entire project lifecycle. Our team is committed to delivering reliable and efficient turnkey services while ensuring client satisfaction throughout the project journey. Our turnkey solutions encompass various stages such as project conception, specification development, engineering design, equipment procurement, construction, installation, testing, and commissioning. With a single point of accountability, our team specializes in handling both greenfield and brownfield turnkey projects and has expertise in designing and constructing high and medium-voltage substations and developing power distribution solutions for utilities, government, data centers, industrial, and commercial facilities.
As a Lead Physical Design Engineer, you will provide design engineering services instrumental to the completion of turnkey projects.
In this role, you will:
• Lead medium/high voltage designs for both substations and MV power distribution
• Collaborate with other disciplines such as Protection & Control, Civil and Structural
• Participate in site walk-downs to assist in developing proposals for new work
• Work with the Project team to produce:
-General arrangement plans, elevations, and sections
-Conduit/cable plans and schedule
-Rigid/strain bus calculations and design
-Control house design and details
-Lightning protection design
-Substation Yard lighting design
-Specification of Major equipment
-Bill of Materials
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
• At least 5 years of design experience
• All candidates must live within a 50 mile radius of Glendale Heights, IL, Houston, TX, or Wilsonville, OR. No relocation will be offered for this position. Active Military Service candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
• Experience with AutoCAD, MicroStation, and/or PLS-CADD
• Professional Engineering license
• Working knowledge of NERC/FERC, NESC, NEC, ANSI, NETA, IEEE
• Familiarity with major electrical substation equipment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.