Lead Embedded Software and Controls Engineer - Automotive
Eaton’s IS VEH Technology division is currently seeking a Lead Embedded Software and Controls Engineer - Automotive.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $88499.97 - $129799.96 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
This is a Lead Embedded Software Engineer position responsible for the implementation of embedded software and controls solutions for the Enterprise CoE SWC group supporting any Aerospace, Mobility ( Automotive ICE and EV products) and Electrical sector divisions across Eaton.
Serves as a technical lead in embedded software architecture, state of the art controls and diagnostic development and Integration of the hardware and software. Review system requirements, generate software and controls requirements, contribute and or lead the design of software architecture, and produce algorithm solutions, define Validation & Verification strategy; as well as the overall V-cycle process to confirm that system and functional requirements are met using proven industry standards such as ASPICE and DO 178c. Responsible for working with team members and engineering managers to estimate development, resources, and timing to achieve the desired results. Train and mentor less experienced engineers as well as provide technical directions to Eaton engineering centers globally. Involve in a wide variety of projects, conduct feasibility studies ensuring that objectives and program timings are met. Provide technical support and interface to system, hardware, and other departments.
A Collaborate and or lead the Architecture and design of new software solutions from beginning to end at all life cycle stages.
B Interface and coordinate with system, hardware, and controls engineers to perform tests on simulation, software, hardware, and systems platforms to validate proper system performance.
C Lead external partners and internal engineering resources on the integration work between ECU device drivers, controls model interface points, service tool drivers and other intelligent embedded systems.
D Follow the V cycle to generate detailed software requirements from the architecture, develop and implement the required embedded software on the application level (Controls and Diagnostics) as well as the Base level (Middleware, drivers etc.…)
E Develop test procedures to validate and/or characterize software strategy, performance, and efficiency in environments such as Hardware -In-Loop and Processor-In-Loop. Co-ordinate with the test labs to execute test plan and acquire data for analysis.
F Organize, plan, lead and champion component development and may lead projects including new and existing product redesign by utilizing both in-house and external resources.
G Obtain and communicate the needs of plants, OEMs, end users and other functional groups to ensure voice of customer is satisfied in the embedded software and controls design and testing.
H Build and maintain working relationships with the controls and software engineering organization, other functional groups, and customers. Drive for software functional excellence by leading continuous improvement effort.
I Conduct software defect root-cause analysis, resource profiling, lead low level driver and embedded software implementation for self and others and validate corrective actions.
* Relocation assistance and Sponsorship transfers is NOT available for this role. Candidates must currently be residing in Southfield Michigan area and currently be eligible to work in USA without immediate or future visa sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or relevant degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in C/C++ and MATLAB Simulink developing embedded software and controls
- Experience of at least 3 years in the ability to integrate software with target hardware in a lab environment.
- Working experience of at least 3 years with embedded communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet… etc)
- Working experience of at least 3 years with debugger/trace and Vector/ETAS/ dSPACE/ Lauterbach tools
- Candidate must reside within 50 miles of Southfield Michigan.
- Candiate must not require visa assistance of any kind now or in the future.
- Candidates must currently be residing in the USA. Position requires reporting on-site weekly in Southfield, Michigan ... Tuesday thru Thursday.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Hands on combined experience of at least 4 years developing base software components (BSW) and application software components (ASW)
- Experience with Multi-core, Pre-emptive Real-Time Operating Systems
- Experience with a variety of CPU architectures and low-level driver for microcontroller peripheral interfaces such as SPI, I2C, USB, ADC, I/O… etc
- System level troubleshooting electromechanical embedded systems
- Experience in developing embedded sw for inverters, OBC and/or DCDC a plus.
- Experience with Functional Safety ISO26262 part 6 or DO 178c a plus.
- Experience with change management and software release processes in a team environment
- Developing software per the ASPICE process including but not limited software traceability and static analysis such as MISRA
- Knowledge of embedded communication protocol Ethernet, CAN, LIN, FlexRay, V2G, ARINC 429 … etc a plus
- Working experience with IBM Jazz and Atlassian suite a plus
- Project management skills to assess task effort, manage priorities, and report status.
- Good English communication skills with ability to interface directly with external partners, suppliers, and both internal and external customers.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.