Senior Sales Engineer
Eaton’s ES AMER NAS division is currently seeking a Senior Sales Engineer. Candidates for this role must reside within 50 miles of our Westerville, OH (Columbus, OH area) location to be considered for the position. Relocation assistance will be offered for successful applicants who live outside this location.
What you’ll do:
The primary function of the Senior Sales Engineer is to sell assigned product lines to targeted customers in targeted market areas. This position will be responsible to achieve the assigned sales goal consistent with the expectations of a thoroughly seasoned professional sales engineer for the assigned product categories while under little supervision. It will be an expectation to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin, while increasing sales in the marketplace. This position will need to coordinate sales for the assigned customer and distributor base. It has the responsibility to manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users and specifiers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
In this function you will:
- Accurately and timely plan and specify interpretation, quotation and technical support
- Communicate with customers, warehouse and plants to facilitate problem resolution
- Collect, analyze and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences and buying habits
- Review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications
- Provide facility timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedure for resolution
- Be aware of and respond to market conditions and competitive activities while communicating such information to product divisions
- Plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Eaton’s position, while developing a proven record of achieving assigned sales goals
- Prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution OR minimum five (5) years of electrical industry experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum three (3) years of electrical industry experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of key customers within sales territories
- Time management, presentation and planning skills
- Commands knowledge of Eaton electrical product and service capabilities and can assemble standard offerings to meet customer needs with occasional internal oversight
- Possess an understanding of the sales process using sales techniques as evidenced by good customer relationships
- Skilled in Bidmanager and Vista
- Demonstrated an understanding of market trends, industry issues and knowledge of competitors
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to leverage support personnel to meet customer and organizational needs
- Ability to travel up to 25%
The compensation range for this full-time position includes base pay and sales incentive. This position has a total compensation range of $97,500 - $143,000.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.