Staff Engineer (99391)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
Indiana American Water, has a wonderful opportunity for a Staff Engineer (with a broad range of water resource engineering and project management) to join the American Water Family.
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
The Staff Engineer is responsible for project management, engineering design, bidding, and construction management, etc. on multiple small to medium size projects relating to various aspects of the business. Responsibilities may also include the technical supervision overconsulting project engineers, technicians, CADD operators and/or Construction Inspectors.Key Accountabilities
- Manages multiple small to medium size projects and perform varied engineering assignments associated with planning, design and/or construction.
- Assists in the preparation of technical, bidding and contractual documents associated with delivery of capital investment projects.
- Ensures scope and quality of work achieve the intent of all Design Concepts and Company standards for capacity, performance, reliability,msafety and regulatory compliance.
- Develops technical information and concepts into feasible and effective engineering approaches.
- Develops strategic and strong working relationships with engineering firms, vendors, and contractors.
- Provides technical expertise on engineering and operational issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering design theory and practice, project management, construction and contract management, water resources, water/wastewater facilities and utility operations.
- Knowledge of current trends in water quality and treatment and other aspects of the regulated and non-regulated water industry.
- General understanding of US regulations (commercial and environmental), legislation and trends impacting the water industry.
- Sound business acumen and judgment.
- Process, project and program management skills.
- Quantitative Skills (e.g., analytical, technical, problem solving).
- Effective people management (e.g., planning, organizing, controlling and leading teams).
- Written and verbal communications (e.g., fluency in report writing and presentations).
- Interpersonal skills (e.g., persuasion, negotiation, listening, cooperation, tact, diplomacy, problem solving, internal consulting).
- 2 -5 years experience in water resources engineering and project management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Environmental or Civil preferred)
- Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred.
20%Competencies Champions safetyCustomer obsessedCultivates innovationNimble learningDrives ResultsCollaborates
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.