Procurement Engineer (25186)
Nuclear Waste Partnership LLC, an Amentum led partnership is looking for an experienced Procurement Engineer to join our team.
**There are multiple postings for this position. Applying to more than one posting will not increase your chances of being selected. Please only apply to one posting.**
The successful candidate will develop difficult technical procurement specifications and standards; conduct research studies and investigations of data for standards and specifications for materials, equipment and supplies; develop and maintain a working knowledge of the design, installation, maintenance and operation of site facility and equipment; make engineering calculations in support of procurement activities (e.g. energy consumption; life-cycle costing). Develop technical single or sole source justifications for non-competitive procurements. Develop technical purchasing standards, statements of work, and specifications which are capable of technical and quality conformance evaluation and which assure competitive acquisition through the company’s procurement system of a wide variety of systems, equipment, materials and supplies of appropriate quality, reliability and efficiency. Interpret technical specifications to potential subcontract offerors and perform lead role in negotiating technical positions in collaboration with procurement personnel to ensure the procurement technical requirements are successfully procured. Will formulate research and resolve engineering problems in determining that the quality of materials purchased comply to specifications; define product specifications precisely for technical and quality evaluation; specify criteria used to determine product or service acceptance. Assist and/or develop the Statement of Work (SOW) and help with the coordination and development of the Purchase Requisition, identification of Terms and Conditions (Ts&Cs), selection of drawings and project information, development of evaluation criteria, development of estimate templates, and overall development of procurement packages to ensure the successful and timely solicitation, award, and completion of assigned projects. This position does require some travel.
This position offers the choice of working off-site / teleworking from your home location or relocation assistance to one of NWP’s office locations. The off site location must be within a one (1) day driving distance of the WIPP Site in Carlsbad, New Mexico.
NWP Exempt Salary Grade (30-34)
- Bachelor's Degree with six (6) years of experience with the planning, design, procurement, and management of multi-discipline capital construction, plant operations, and services projects is required.
- Due to nature of work, candidates must be US Citizen.
- Preference given to candidates with Commercial or DOE Nuclear Facility experience.
- Experience in an engineering, procurement and plant operations is desired.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are preferred.
- Proficiency with personal computers and networking, specifically Microsoft Excel is a plus.
- Ability to analyze bills of material and drawings to understand key requirements is favored.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge and direct experience in negotiating contracts and quotations with Manufacturers and Suppliers.
- Ability to identify cost reduction opportunities is a plus.
- Preference given to those candidates with a Professional Engineering License.
- Working knowledge of Department of Energy Engineering Standards, principles, and procedures is preferred.
- Previous WIPP Project experience is a plus.