Lead Test Engineer (23494)
Amentum is seeking a Lead Test Engineer to join our team in Odon, Indiana.
As a Lead Test Engineer, you will leverage instrumentation and software knowledge to become a subject matter expert (SME) in the hardware and software of large plant control system; including serving as the leader and SME overall responsible for a 3-5 person team working the design acceptance, installation, and sustainment of the sensors, signals, cabling, junction boxes, I/O devices, and software.
- Work with test parameter inputs, manipulate, and troubleshoot end-to-end diagnostics on a Control and Data Acquisition system to perform accurate, timely testing
- Lead a team to build test configurations, troubleshoot data acquisition channels and code, collect test data and post processing test data
- Mentor and task instrumentation team in day-to-day activities including integration and operation of multiple software and hardware systems
- Influence software design for field use
- Manage test configuration database and data acquisition documentation
Interested, but not local? Apply and let us talk with you about options.
- 8 years or more of professional and relevant experience in a test facility or test environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Computer Science or related field
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance prior to hire
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Hands on experience with instrumentation and troubleshooting
- 2-3 years’ experience with National Instrument Products (LabVIEW)
- Demonstrated leadership skills through professional experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills developed through professional experience
- Exceptional communication and collaborative skills in working with cross functional team developed through professional experience
- Approximately 40% domestic travel required
- Experience with Allen Bradley or Siemens PLCs
- Experience with MATLAB