Instrumentation & Control Maintenance Engineer (23239)
Nuclear Waste Partnership, an LLC of Amentum, managing and operating contractor of the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as an Instrumentation & Control Maintenance Engineer in Carlsbad, New Mexico.
The successful candidate will provide direct technical support to the Zone Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. Provide direction to and oversight of craft personnel in the field. Interface with craft, operations, and engineering personnel on a routine basis to support continued plant operations. Act as site technical representative to subcontractors. Ensure maintenance activities conform to all applicable DOE, MSHA, OSHA, and New Mexico Mining Code requirements and site procedures. Perform routine inspections of field equipment and systems for proper operations and identify any deficiencies. The successful candidate will be required to act as Supervisor when Zone Manager and Supervisor are unavailable.
NWP Exempt Salary Grade (28 – 32)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or
- Associate’s Degree with four (4) years of related instrumentation experience, including but not limited to electrical/electronic/pneumatic and hydraulic experience, or
- High School Diploma or GED with eight (8) years of related instrumentation experience, including but not limited to electrical/electronic/pneumatic and hydraulic experience, is required.
- Experience in troubleshooting performance of equipment/system activities is mandatory.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Word and experience with complex computer database applications.
- Three (3) years Nuclear Project experience is required.
(Full-time related academic training may be substituted for two (2) of the three (3) years of Nuclear experience. Experience in Design, Construction, and Operations Training may be considered applicable Nuclear experience on a case-by-case basis.)
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
Knowledge of Fire Alarm Systems maintenance is preferred.
Previous WIPP Project experience is a plus.