Program Engineer II (21551)
Must currently work on existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
Looking for a fresh opportunity to jumpstart your career? Want the uniqueness of a new company but not the training wheels of a start-up? How about one of the newest companies on the street made up of legacy companies with over 100 years of operating experience? Amentum is a trusted partner to U.S. federal government agencies, allied governments and corporations worldwide supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment.
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission support program provides operations, facilities, and maintenance support for the Navy with locations in Florida and the Bahamas. Come join the team that’s supporting America’s Navy!
Amentum is seeking a Program Engineer II in West Palm Beach, FL to work as part of a close knit team, as well as independently, to accomplish a range of functions as you support AUTEC. As a member of the team you will:
- Evaluate assigned test support requirements and determine best method(s) for accomplishing all aspects of each program/test within the existing parameters of AUTEC capabilities to match/satisfy customer needs/requirements. Define new capabilities or additional resources if such are required.
- Be accountable for cost control management and technical instruction tasking guidance related to test support and projects as assigned. This responsibility comprises monitoring costs and expenditures of all departments engaged in supporting test activities and coordinating status of funding with NUWC Subject Matter Experts and Amentum Finance.
- ISO assigned programs/tests, arrange for any necessary shore facility, test asset preparation/modification, shipping, staging, proper management of any HAZMAT/HAZWASTE, and/or pre/post-test logistic support. Upon program/test completion, ensure all Range User materials/equipment are returned and all AUTEC assets/facilities are restored to their original condition as required/indicated by the NUWC SME.
- Working through the Contractor Range Scheduler, schedule contractor assets/personnel and/or contractor controlled AUTEC resources needed to support the determined workload and be responsible for coordinating and ensuring such commitments are met.
- Generate and post written operational documents in accordance with internal department policies to communicate scheduled events/programs/tests’ support requirements and ensure identified contractor support readiness to execute all scheduled support operations and functions.
- Update and maintain test support documents in a timely fashion to reflect ongoing changes in Range User schedules/requirements as communicated by the NUWC SME.
- As required and approved travel to attend/participate ISO program/test planning conferences and/or events where on-site representation is necessary.
- Conduct unique maintenance and support responsibilities on behalf of Andros based sub-contractor entities such as STAFAC and ATMO. Provide back-up support to the UK LASA as required.
- Retain responsibility for assigned administrative-use USG vehicle and cell phone and adhere to scheduled maintenance and usage protocol IAW AUTEC standard procedure.
- Serve as Energy Monitor, Fire Warden, and be responsible for Hurricane preparation for assigned facilities and other such tasks as may be assigned by the Test Planning Manager.
- Must currently work on existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S government security clearance.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Science, Electronics OR Associates degree and 6 years military service or commercial experience ) OR High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience in direct support of test and range operations such as Test Conductor, FORACS Engineer, Acoustics Engineer, System Controller, Range Safety Advisor or supervisor level experience in Marine Services, Range Services or Support Services.
- Ability to engineer/problem solve with limited resources. Able to work in both a traditional office environment as well as non-traditional outdoor physical locations
- Must be able to become CAT3 crane operator certified.
- Current Secret security clearance preferred.