Junior Software Engineer (26221)
Amentum is seeking a Junior Software Engineer to be responsible for design, development, troubleshooting, debugging, integration and implementation of systems in support of the warfighter.
- Develop application, simulation, model, utility, and scientific software and documentation.
- Perform detail analysis of design, implementation, and derived code to ensure sufficient accuracy, validity, safety, and fidelity exists.
- Perform detailed analyses of the written specifications and requirements for a given program to ensure validity and continuity throughout the documentation and to the derived code.
- Construct and execute simulations, models and simulators test cases, and scenarios.
- Debug and test code, models, and simulations.
- Must have the aptitude to learn new technical tools required for the role.
- Comply with hardware and software systems standards and procedures.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3 years of job-related experience (or education & experience equivalent)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. government Secret clearance prior to start
- Position may require travel
- Final U.S. government SECRET security clearance (or above)
- Current Security+CE certification
- Experience with a distributed version control system, such as Git.
- Proficient with Back End Framework such as C#, Python, SQL Server, ASP.net core & Entity.
- Proficient with containerization technologies, such as Docker, Docker Compose & Kubernetes.
- Experience with Agile and DevOps software development practices, such as Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Test Driven Development (TDD), and pair programming.
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.