Junior Software Engineer (28994)
Amentum is seeking a Junior Software Engineer to support our team in Norfolk, Virginia.
Successful candidate will:
- Support the software development life cycle of a medium-to-large scale project including the creation, modification, and running of test plans/cases to certify system functionality and/or changes.
- Assist with configuration management tasks of test plans/cases, document control, and the coordination of requirement changes on projects as required.
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3 years of job-related experience or equivalent
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. government Secret clearance prior to start
- Position may require travel
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing in Microsoft ASP.NET (preferably using C#)
- Active SECRET security clearance (or above)
- Current Security+ CE certification
- Experience with a distributed version control system, such as GIT.
- Experience with web UI Frameworks such as Vue.js, Angular, and Blazor.
- Proficient with Back End Development such as C#, T-SQL, ASP.Net core & Entity Framework.
- Experiencing developing Unit Tests using MSTest.
- Experience with using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with Agile and DevOps or DevSecOps software development practices, such as Continuous
- Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Test Driven Development (TDD.
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational software.