Lead Sr Engineer (100785)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
We were awarded ownership and a 50-year contract for the operations and maintenance of the water and wastewater treatment facilities and distribution and collection systems at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. FLW is located in Pulaski County and is bordered on the north by the towns of Waynesville and St. Robert, Missouri.
Our responsibilities include system capital investment, regulatory and environmental compliance, planning, asset recapitalization, and long term operations and maintenance. Apply now to our profressional team as a Lead Senior Engineer for immediate consideration!Primary Role
As a senior staff professional within the American Water Military Services Group Engineering function, this position is responsible for the development and management of engineering projects or assignments in the field of water resources management. This includes all aspects of public water supply systems and wastewater collection & treatment systems including asset management, capital planning, engineering design, project and construction management, business development, and issues relating to operations & maintenance.Key Accountabilities
- Completion of projects or assignments in accordance with sound engineering principals & practice, American Water Policies, Procedures, Guidelines or Standards, and sound industry practice
- Development of detailed project scope, budget and schedule. Project management, execution, monitoring and reporting in accordance with the established scope, budget and schedule
- Comprehensive interaction and communication with internal and external project stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle to ensure that the end solution and delivery method addresses their needs. Employ a teaming & consensus building approach and a proactive issue identification and resolution process to improve project delivery performance and the success of the end result
- Professional management and contract administration of third-party providers of services and goods including engineering & environmental consultants, surveyors, construction contractors, material and equipment vendors, materials testing and inspection firms, etc.
- Within established area of expertise, for assigned projects, or other matters of strategic interest, serve as a technical advisor and representative of the Company in meetings, workshops, conferences, negotiations, environmental agencies, State or local permitting agencies, professional or industry organizations or special interest groups.
- Pursue educational and professional development to enhance knowledge, performance and contributions to the organization
- Ability to work multiple projects or assignments with minimum direction.
- Effective management skills (e.g. planning, organizing, coordinating individual staff and teams).
- Verbal and written communications skills (e.g. presentation, report writing, listening).
- Interpersonal skills (e.g. tact/diplomacy, persuasion, cooperation, ability to motivate others).
- Strong Quantitative, analytical and financial skills; attention to details.
- Leadership presence (e.g. ability to deal effectively and maintain cooperation working relationships with senior management and other key stakeholders)
- Knowledge of engineering theory and practice related to planning, design, construction and operation of water/wastewater facilities, project management, water resources, engineering economics and utility operations.
- Knowledge of engineering or construction contract administration and project delivery approaches related to water/wastewater facilities.
- Knowledge of US regulations (environmental), legislation, new technology and current trends impacting the water industry.
- Sound business acumen and judgment. Knowledge of company procedures, policies and operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil, Environmental or Mechanical or related field. Master’s degree or advanced study in field of specialty preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License desired
- Engineering experience in water and wastewater industry
- 7 to 10 years minimum experience
- 5-15% travel
- Professional Engineering (PE) license. (preferred)
- 85% office
- 15% field
- Champions safety
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer obsessed
- Drives Results
- Nimble learning
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.