Junior Software Engineer (34018)
Amentum is seeking a Junior Software Engineer to be responsible for design, development, troubleshooting, debugging, integration and implementation of systems in support of the warfighter.
- Develop application software.
- Debug and test application code.
- Coordinate with the development team.
- Construct test cases.
- Assist with software documentation.
- Use aptitude to learn new technical tools required for the role.
- Comply with hardware and software systems standards and procedures.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3 years of job-related experience (or education & experience equivalent)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. government Secret clearance prior to start
- Ability to travel if needed
- Final U.S. government SECRET security clearance (or above)
- Current Security+CE certification
- Excellent communications and analytical skills; demonstrated working knowledge in computer systems and integrated software application programs.
- Experience in at least one programming language (i.e., C#, C++, Java etc.)
- Proficient with at least one back end framework (i.e., .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core etc.).
- Proficient with at least one database system (i.e., SQL Server, MySQL etc.).
- Experience with a distributed version control system, such as Git.
- Experience with Agile and DevOps software development practices, such as Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Test Driven Development (TDD), and pair programming.
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational software.