Staff Engineer, Robotics Engineering (R453347)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all Stryker US employees effective January 4, 2022, as well as all new US employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. If you are applying to a sales and field role which requires access to customer accounts as a function of your job, you may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination before the January 4 effective date of Stryker's vaccine policy. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
We are currently seeking a Staff Engineer division in Weston, Florida. Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives.
WHO WE WANT:
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop new ideas into reality.
Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Creating design specifications and requirements definition.
- Developing test protocols/procedures, collecting and analyzing data, and creating detailed reports.
- Optimize systems engineering capabilities using knowledge from standard industry practices and regulatory standards
- Support the engineers during risk assessments and root cause investigations to meet the company metrics for timely handling of complaints and CAPA activities
- Lead and provide technical expertise for the creation of risk management documents (AFMEA, FTA, FMECA).
- Coordinate with program management to establish project scopes, resources needs, priorities and schedules.
- Develop expert knowledge of regulatory standards applicable to medical device and software development life cycle: 21 CFR part 820, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62304, IEC 60601
- Provide mentorship to the engineers with regards to regulatory standards and application of Stryker’s quality procedures.
- Oversee system level verification and validation activities including definition of test strategies, development and validation of test methods, execution of protocols, data collection and documentation
- Manage technical feature risk retirement activities including analyses, prototyping and feasibility activities
- Develop a strong understanding of the clinical application of Stryker’s robotic solutions and product line
- Solicit and incorporate the input from surgeons, engineering, sales, marketing, quality assurance and operations to Stryker's product lines
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Robotics, Aerospace or Biomedical Engineering)
- 5+ years of product design experience in Systems Engineering focused on either Robotics, Orthopaedics or Medical device industry equivalent
- Experienced using MATLAB
- Passion for human anatomy and working within medical device industry
- Experienced in systems engineering principles as it applies to medical device development from concept phase to final design and commercial release.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Use of risk management practices applied to medical device development.
- Experienced in the use of engineering software for design such as CAD (SolidWorks or PRO-E) and reverse engineering tools (Geomagic & FARO Measurement)
- Experienced in programming image processing and registration algorithms
- Experience with implant development
- Hands on experience with programming Embedded Hardware
- Working in a regulated industry with knowledge of standards and practices
- Experience with tools with DOORS, Jammer, NKS Integrity
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com