Junior Software Engineer / Programmer (35951)
*Contingent Upon Contract Award/Funding*
Amentum is seeking a Junior Software Engineer / Programmer in Dahlgren, VA to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Electromagnetic and Sensor Systems Department (B), Electronic Warfare and Spectrum Operations (EWSO) Division (B30). B30 conducts research, development, test and evaluation in emerging electromagnetic fields to enhance the U.S Navy's ability to assess and maneuver in the Electromagnetic Spectrum (EMS), for purposes such as communication, navigation, advanced threat characterization and identification, cognitive decision support and collaborative weapon sensor engagements to enhance the warfighters ability to asses and engage emerging threats.
In this role you will:
- Perform Software Engineering and development evolutions in support of Navy Tactical Software Program.
- Review software and system tactical requirements, subsystem software requirements, Application Program Interface (API) requirements and perform software code inspections.
- Apply and evolve designs in Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and Unified Modeling Language (UML) within a UML/SysML modeling Tool.
- Develop code (i.e C++, Unix/Linux environment) for real-time tactical applications. Some efforts develop software within an Agile/Sprint environment.
- Execute software planning, designing, coding, testing, integrating, supporting, and delivering algorithms, software (source code and executables), and computer programs.
- Communicate design assessments, implementations, test results, and product functionality to program sponsors and senior technical staff.
- U.S. Citizen and an active Secret clearance
- Bachelor or higher degree from an accredited university in engineering, computer/software engineering or computer science and 2 years experience in the areas of software development to include software design, analysis, testing, documentation, and experience/ability to code in one of the following: