Lead Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Architect ( R-00085705 )
A Senior Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Architect is needed to lead and coordinate the adoption of model-based systems engineering and implementation across our portfolio of projects. We are seeking an experienced professional versed in the philosophy and practice of MBSE. This role is responsible for promoting the adoption of MBSE practices, identifying MBSE roles and responsibilities, identifying relevant MBSE training based upon user roles, technically leading the MBSE model development and the proper application of MBSE process and technique to the program. As MBSE lead, this individual is expected to have all the MBSE skills necessary to successfully guide the program’s implementation activities.
Position responsibilities will include:
- Lead the model-based systems engineering, hardware, and software analysis to support the Navy’s Key Management project portfolio.
- Define and apply systems engineering processes to develop systems that meet customer requirements.
- Manage requirements, including decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation for subsequent use by the development and test teams.
- Ensure MBSE commonality across all models and programs.
- Share MBSE best practices, lessons learned and serve as an MBSE mentor.
- Assist in the development of proposals for new business that will implement MBSE.
- Participate and lead discussions at customer meetings, working groups, and technical interchange meetings associated with the work performed in this project.
- Required to research, design, write, and review a wide range of technical documentation that will include but not be limited to: technical manuals, design specification documents, interface requirements specification, system user guides, reference manuals, installation guides, and data sheets that may be required to assist with the design, integration, testing, and fielding of the system; will provide project briefing materials upon request.
- Option to work a 9/80 work schedule (i.e., 9 hour days, then work 8 hours on first Friday and off the second Friday)
- Relocation assistance available to move to San Diego, CA.
- Master's Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field with 15+ years of related experience.
- **Additional experience may be substituted for completion of post graduate degrees in the aforementioned fields.**
- Must be familiar with Model Based Engineering and leading a team in the successful completion of moving processes into the digital engineering environment.
- Solid understanding of UML and SysML
- Understands the model database
- Understands validation rules and specialized searches in the model database
- Demonstrate ability to analyze problems through MBSE model Education
- Experienced in defining and maintaining the implementation schedule used for driving performance, objectives, and results.
- Demonstrated ability to work seamlessly with Program/Project management customers, reporting on progress, schedule, and risk
- Self-starter who is expected to step in and assume a leadership role with this in-progress activity.
- Must possess an active Secret clearance to be considered and would be eligible to obtain up to a TS/SCI clearance in the future.
- Software development or shell scripting experience.
- Familiarity with Modelling Simulation Visualization and Analysis (MSVA)
- Familiarity with MBSE tools (prefer Cameo/NoMagic) and related tools.
- Experience with database management software.
- Past Test Driven Development (TDD) experience a strong plus.
- Familiarity with systems performance analysis.
- Experience working in all phases of the engineering product development lifecycle.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology.
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.