Sr Director of Cloud Engineering and SRE - Telecommute (111777191)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for leading Cloud Engineering Governance and the SRE model for Optum Digital, driving Cloud adoption and assisting in securing our cloud native environment in partnership with communities across the organization, in order to deliver alignment with engineering and business strategy. This role includes visionary thinking and requires ability to develop short/mid/long term strategies for the enterprise-wide use of Cloud Governance / SRE technology.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Promote reusable patterns/frameworks/ processes to onboard more applications and manage cloud knowledge and learning. Implements CCoE best practices for governance, service portfolio offerings, processes, and standards
- Previous building and driving force for a CCoE. Collaborates with architecture, DevSecOps, AppSec, engineering release automation, support team to ensure stability, supportability, performance and scalability of shared services offerings
- Provides thought leadership to optimize cloud operational cost and improve stability using automation
- Ensures best practices are adhered to in the work stream
- Supports and motivates teams to develop solution accelerators and in-house cloud platforms to enable new revenue streams. Responsible for working with the executive team on cross-team collaboration, next steps, sponsorship, and overall management of the Cloud CCoE
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8+ years of experience leading complex Software Engineering and Architecture
- 5+ years of experience planning, developing, managing departmental expense and capital budgets, directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Experience with public cloud architecture, AWS, Cloud strategy, networking, security, compliance workload types, migration patterns and tools
- Experience with enterprise applications as well as software development, compliance and security, and DevSecOps disciplines
- Experience suggesting competitive and innovative technical decisions, obtaining client buy-in and delivering on commitments
- Experience re-architecting applications for cloud platforms. Experience managing operations of large scale internet-centric Data environments for application or data services serving tens to millions of end users
- Experience applying standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability. CISSP or CISM preferred
- Knowledge of cloud design patterns, cloud operations and cloud cost models with experience implementing best practices or suggested improvements including secured environments
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $134,200 to $257,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $134,200 to $257,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.