Director, Manufacturing Engineering - Cell Therapy
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
The Director of Manufacturing Engineering develops and advances strategies that drive improved manufacturing effectiveness and efficiency across the internal global manufacturing network within Cell Therapy Operations (CTO). This role serves as a network business process owner for manufacturing processes and partners with site and network stakeholders to identify best practices and opportunities to drive improved performance, consistency, and reliability of equipment, practices, and procedures across the network.
In addition to driving strategy, the successful incumbent will also monitor manufacturing performance and identify innovative ways to improve KPIs such as compliance, safety and quality performance across the CTO manufacturing network, and drive outcomes that lower the cost of goods of cell therapy products at BMS.
- Serve as Business Process Owner for several manufacturing process areas across multiple sites within the internal network, partnering with site owners and functional experts to increase manufacturing performance across the network:
- Identify best practices and improvement opportunities and facilitate rollout of these to the network
- Partner with Cell Therapy Global Manufacturing (CTGM) Data Analytics & site teams to implement models and analytic tools to form a standard CTGM manufacturing performance suite of analytics to deliver CTGM goals
- Monitor performance across the network for early identification of trends and improvement opportunities
- Partner with site and enterprise teams to develop strategies to improve equipment and process reliability and capability
- Support and lead plant and manufacturing network capacity studies to support network strategy decisions.
- Support and lead conceptual studies to evaluate implementation of new technologies, processes, and ways of working into the internal network, to model the impacts on KPIs such as turnaround time and cost of goods.
- Maintain network & site technical roadmaps
- Lead matrix teams and projects.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical engineering, science field or related discipline is required (Advanced degree (MS or PhD) preferred)
- 14 years+ relevant industry experience, preferably in the biopharmaceutical industry
- 8 years+ experience in leadership roles supporting GMP operations
- Plant floor support of biologics DS/DP or cell/gene therapy manufacturing is a plus
- OpEx experience and certification is preferred
- Demonstrated acumen leading within heavily matrixed and global environments and a track record of successfully delivering results in these environments
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn across several disciplines (e.g. operations, quality, development, information technology) to achieve superior results
- Thorough understanding of the requirements surrounding innovation and change management within a GMP operational environment
BMSCART VETERAN #LI-Hybrid
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.