Director, Video Systems Engineering
Bally Sports is looking for a Director, Video Systems Engineering. Bally Sports’ mission is to build a transformative, participatory sports platform, anchored by the most exclusive and relevant live professional games, that provides fans a year-round opportunity to engage with content and communities they are most passionate about. We are looking for a seasoned video and streaming technology systems architect to join our team. You will report directly to the Head of Engineering.
- Collaborate with engineering, operations, the core product team and third-party partners to create a best-in-class video streaming product
- Perform detailed research and discovery efforts on forward-looking, transformational media system architectures and the systems needed to support them
- Work with external partners, vendors, and consulting teams to assist these efforts and drive an actionable development plan
- Provide excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize, conceptually interpret and communicate material developed collaboratively with the input of multiple parties
- 10+ years experience with video broadcasting, live streaming video and transmission workflows
- Proven track record architecting and building complex video streaming and infrastructure environments at scale
- Expert industry knowledge of standard H.264, h.265/HEVC, AAC, AC-3 A/ V codecs
- Expert knowledge of video containers and transmission protocols (MPEG-2 TS, MP4, CMAF, HLS, DASH, WebRTC)
- Experience with in-band and out-of-band signaling standard like SCTE-35 / SCTE-224 / Watermarking
- Working knowledge of industry measurement and validation processes for linear OTT and VOD video
- Experience working with cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, AWS, GCP and Azure
- Experience with CDN and hierarchical caching architectures, particularly Akamai configuration properties
- Great organizational skills; must be able to lead large scale projects
- Passion for sports
The base salary compensation range for this role is $190,000 to $220,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates’ relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan.
Diamond Sports Group, L.L.C, an independently-managed and unconsolidated subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diamond Sports Group LLC, an independently-managed and unconsolidated subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., owns the Bally Sports Regional Sports Networks (RSNs), the nation’s leading provider of local sports. Its 19 owned-and-operated RSNs include Bally Sports Arizona, Bally Sports Detroit, Bally Sports Florida, Bally Sports Great Lakes, Bally Sports Indiana, Bally Sports Kansas City, Bally Sports Midwest, Bally Sports New Orleans, Bally Sports North, Bally Sports Ohio, Bally Sports Oklahoma, Bally Sports San Diego, Bally Sports SoCal, Bally Sports South, Bally Sports Southeast, Bally Sports Southwest, Bally Sports Sun, Bally Sports West, and Bally Sports Wisconsin. The Bally Sports RSNs serve as the TV home to more than half of all MLB, NHL and NBA teams based in the United States. Diamond Sports Group also has a joint venture in Marquee, the home of the Chicago Cubs, and a minority interest in the YES Network, the local destination for the New York Yankees and Brooklyn Nets. Diamond RSNs produce approximately 5,000 live local professional telecasts each year in addition to a wide variety of locally produced sports events and programs each year.