Director – Cloud and Software Engineering
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
As the Director of Cloud and Software Engineering, you will be responsible for leading a team of cloud/software engineers and overseeing the design, development, and deployment of software solutions focused on cloud native services. You will be responsible for:
- Leading the development and implementation of software engineering processes and methodologies to ensure high-quality software solutions.
- Experience building and managing a team of software engineers and providing technical guidance and mentorship.
- Prior experience with multinational development teams preferred.
- Overseeing the design and architecture of software solutions to ensure scalability, reliability, and security.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to define project requirements and ensure timely delivery of software solutions.
- Looking for difficult problems in the functional areas of BMS and providing cloud based technical solutions to drive cost savings and efficiency.
- Contributes to the overall evolution of the Cloud/Devops strategic direction and service evolution.
- Ability to identify gaps in capabilities across the team and ensures developmental opportunities are provided to ensure the continued growth and development of colleagues.
- Ensuring that cloud services are optimized for performance, cost, and security.
- Implementing best practices for security, scalability, and performance.
Requirements: To be considered for this position, you should have:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field preferred.
- At least 11 years of experience in software engineering, with a focus on cloud technologies.
- Experience in managing and leading software engineering teams.
- Experience in designing and developing cloud-based software solutions using AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Extensive experience in AWS cloud services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, and RDS preferred.
- Expertise in cloud infrastructure and services, including serverless computing, microservices architecture, and containerization.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies, including Agile and DevOps.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of software design patterns and best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.