Senior Director- Engineering (130709735)
The individual in this role will bring a deep knowledge of the industry trends and the future of lithography as well as excellent insight into what is happening at leading lithography customers. The person in this role will work across divisions to define, execute and own a comprehensive lithography strategy based on this knowledge and insight. This leader will work with division and R&D leaders to define a portfolio of products and capabilities that meet the materials and defect requirements of advanced lithography applications. A strategy surrounding EUV is critical to the success of this role. The leader must be able to engage experts at industry leading customers to comprehend application requirements and then work with R&D and product leaders to translate them to inform new product designs. An emphasis on combining capabilities across different divisions is a key aspect of success in this role. This position is a senior global leader reporting to the CTO. The individual must be able to lead by influence as much of the hands-on resource required to be successful resides within the Divisions. The position is based in Billerica, MA.
- Successfully engage advanced customers, equipment manufacturers and materials suppliers to comprehend leading industry needs that inform Entegris solutions
- Define and execute a long-term, cross-divisional lithography roadmap and strategy that leverage existing Entegris capabilities and builds new ones.
- Collaborate with key leaders across divisions to establish a comprehensive portfolio of capabilities and solutions needed for advanced lithography materials and defect control.
- Lead by influence (R&D, Product, Operations) and effectively matrix manage a core team of division players to address key needs and build new capabilities that strengthen Entegris competitiveness in the lithography sector
- Work with the IP Legal team and Business development to identify development whitespace and M&A opportunities.
- Actively contribute to corporate technical strategy exercises
- Contribute strongly to the Innovation Pillar of Entegris Corporate Social Responsibility Goals
- Be an exemplary model of Entegris PACE values
- Ph.D in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or a related Engineering field
- 15+ years R&D and manufacturing experience in the area of photolithography with continuously increasing responsibility and oversight;
- Expertise and demonstrated success in a large-scale semiconductor manufacturing company
- Collaborative leader, solicits ideas from groups beyond own area; considers impact of decisions on other functions/regions. Proven ability to successfully lead in a matrixed organization
- Creative problem solver, encourages appropriate risk taking by team. Leads with tenacity and humility
- Identifies trends in data and makes data driven decisions quickly
- Sets challenging team goals. Clearly communicates goals and associated metrics.
- Exhibits appropriate sense of urgency, able to quickly prioritize
- Customer centric-takes personal ownership for customer related issues and effectively guides teams on appropriate resolution
- Track record of talent development, demonstrated commitment to building bench strength
- Ability to regularly travel domestically and internationally