Director, Engineering Operations (2106264)
Director, Engineering Operations - ( 2106264 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
As the Director, Engineering Operations, you will lead Engineering Operations and Rapid Response Team—a technology team responsible for supporting operations and incident resolution for Pearson Virtual Learning’s core software platforms. You will take a leading role in the identification, escalation, and resolution of application issues that affect our customers and oversee operational support efforts that ensure application efficacy and stability. You will manage a team of highly productive, and skilled developers, database engineers, and systems analysts that will focus on providing quick resolution to issues affecting customers and will partner directly with your engineering counterparts to build application serviceability in from the very start with the aim of preventing issues before they happen.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage engineering operations and Rapid Response teams across multiple teams, products, and geographic locations.
- Develop and implement engineering improvement processes. Collaborate with engineering to develop innovative products, technologies and processes that continuously push the envelope of Pearson’s rapid, reliable, and repeatable attitude.
- Elevate Platform Engineering Best Practices
- Implementation and maintenance of proactive monitoring to identify and resolve issues before they affect customers.
- Collaborate consistently with lateral stakeholders in Engineering, Product management, Global Service management and customer Support teams.
- Drive operational change to improve efficiency.
- Communicate recommendations and concerns effectively with upper management.
- Be a positive leader, nurturer, role model, and mentor ensuring team members acquire necessary skills (technical and non-technical) and performance attributes, in line with business and personal development needs.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications - External
- BS/MS degree in CS/CE/EE/ with 15 years of experience managing engineering operations and/or directing engineering organizations.
- Experience in managing product portfolios across different geographical regions.
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Understanding of SQL Server database administration
- Track record of implementing and managing successful engineering projects and processes.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with other teams, drive consensus thru impact and influence, and deliver results quickly.
- Good understanding of Quality Assurance, Automation, and Dev processes including Release processes.
- Effective executive-level presence and ability to communicate at C-level.
- Effective communication (Written and Oral), coordination and collaboration skills
- Planning, Scheduling, Tracking and status reporting of deliverables and milestones.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $150-165K. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/#LI-POST
Primary Location : US-NC-Durham
Other Locations : US-MD-Columbia, US-RE-Remote
Work Locations :
US-NC-Durham-5425 Page Churchill5425 Page Road
Job : Technology
Organization : Technology & Operations
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Director
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Apr 29, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2106264