Director, Site Reliability Engineering (2107403)
Director, Site Reliability Engineering - ( 2107403 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
As the Director, Site Reliability Engineering, you will lead and evolve the SRE function that supports Pearson’s Higher Education, and International Learning Products. You will take a leading role in the modernization of high revenue products, with a portfolio that spans private and public cloud. You will manage a distributed team of highly productive, and skilled engineers, that will focus on delivery automation, performance optimization and advanced observability. You will partner directly with your counterparts in development to build application serviceability in from the very start with the aim of preventing issues before they happen.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage engineering across multiple teams, products, and geographic locations.
- Develop and implement engineering improvement processes. Collaborate with engineering to develop innovative products, technologies and processes that continuously push the envelope of Pearson’s rapid, reliable, and repeatable attitude.
- Be able to build consensus and broker compromises between stakeholders with the support of product managers.
- Collaborate consistently with lateral stakeholders in Engineering, Product Management, Global Service management and customer Support teams.
- Drive operational change to improve efficiency.
- Communicate recommendations and concerns effectively with upper management.
- Be a positive leader, nurturer, role model, and mentor ensuring team members acquire necessary skills (technical and non-technical) and performance attributes, in line with business and personal development needs.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- BS/MS degree in CS/CE/EE/ with 15 years of experience managing engineering operations and/or directing engineering organizations.
- Experience in managing product portfolios across different geographical regions.
- Experience operating large-scale, commercial web and/or mobile products
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Track record of implementing and managing successful engineering projects and processes.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with other teams, drive consensus thru impact and influence, and deliver results quickly.
- Good understanding of Quality Assurance, Automation, and Dev processes including Release processes.
- Effective executive-level presence and ability to communicate at C-level.
- Effective communication (Written and Oral), coordination and collaboration skills
- Planning, Scheduling, Tracking and status reporting of deliverables and milestones.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
Primary Location : US-NC-Durham
Other Locations : US-TX-San Antonio
Work Locations :
US-NC-Durham-5425 Page Churchill5425 Page Road
Job : Technology
Organization : Technology & Operations
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Director
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : May 26, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2107403