Associate Director - API Platform and Architecture ( 588450-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This role will be responsible for establishing a suite of platform services that will enable all software products to work together and cooperatively igniting internal Verizon applications and external partnership to thrive in today's competitive distributed systems environment. This includes teams and work streams dedicated to platform operations, integrated portals to manage, drive and enable the developer communities while focusing on enablement through standards and architectural best practices. This leader will identify and drive business partnerships internally to ensure Verizon strengthens its competitive advantage and externally to create revenue from Verizon's application programming interfaces (APIs).
- Aligning the API framework to embrace Verizon's overall 5G digital strategy with a reliable and consumable API ecosystem.
- Establish direct and active relationships with strategic Verizon leadership to drive partnerships and digital delivery excellence including on-boarding and contract work, proactively resolving business, technical, and policy issues while serving as an internal advocate.
- Establish and drive design and implement solutions in collaboration with internal/external Product, Product Marketing, Engineering, Legal, and Compliance teams.
- Define a strategy and establish the infrastructure required to monetize API's for Verizon. Drive product and partner adoption
- Represent Verizon in external meetings with executives from other companies while displaying the highest personal integrity and ethics.
- Ensure platform resilience and stability adheres to the business needs and KPI’s are tracked and met.
- Manage project, client and vendor relationships, team, finances
- Provide assessment, strategies, advisory services and technical vision to prospects and customers as part of their digital strategy
- Supervise managers and employees including hiring, training and evaluating staff; working with employees to correct deficiencies, ability to recommend and implement corrective action and discipline, as well as professional development and performance evaluations
This role will be based out of one of the locations listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in supervisory and/or management role.
- Experience with API, digital technologies and solutions.
- Previous experience in scaling an API monetization program.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Systems, or related field. Accelerated degree preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with distributed systems.
- Experience making independent decisions based on policies, practices and project requirements.
- Engineering, Planning, and/or Application Security knowledge.
- Strong product acumen.
- Quantitative/analytical experience.
- Knowledge of microservices and Open Source technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; can present concisely and effectively to critical audiences including director and executives.
- Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities to successful completion.
- Knowledge of cloud based architecture and solutions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).