Substation Engineering Manager ( R-00079819 )
Are you passionate about helping to transform the energy industry? Are you a leader looking to launch your career to the next level? Leidos enables utilities to keep pace with this ever-changing market while also reliably and efficiently generating and delivering energy.
As a Substation Engineering Manager within Leidos’ Power Delivery Services organization, you will have the opportunity to act as the CEO of your own team, where you will be challenged to solve complex problems, develop, manage and grow your team of substation, protection and control, and CAD engineers and designers, and build relationships with our long-standing clients. You will collaborate closely with the organization’s cross-functional teams, keeping the overall goals of client satisfaction and the production of high-quality work firmly in mind. This role reports directly to the VP Substation Manager.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, like to be in charge of the operations of an entire team, and love to collaborate, keep reading!
WHAT WE DO
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
In this role, you can expect to grow by:
• Participating in strategic development to support AOP targets
• Building, mentoring and developing your team of engineers, designers, and drafters
• Gaining access to and partnering with our deep list of nationwide utility clients to expand the portfolio of business
What you will bring to the table:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Engineering from an accredited university, with 10-15 years of relevant experience in utility substation/P&C engineering
- Experience as a substation/P&C engineer performing QC reviews
- Expertise with staff training/mentorship
- Experience with serving as firm-client liaison in a support and lead engineering role
- The ability to travel up to 10% of the time
It would be nice if you had:
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification
- Active membership in national engineering societies and work-groups (IEEE, PES, etc.)
At Leidos, we take care of our employees. We seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.