Senior AI and ML Engineering Manager ( 590798-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Artificial Intelligence & Data (AI&D) organization at Verizon focuses on delivering the power of data and AI to drive our marketplace leadership through innovative solutions that create value for our customers, shareholders, V teamers and society, responsibly.
The Senior Manager, AI/ML Engineering will set the strategy and execution for AI/ML Engineering and will also be responsible for the research, development, and implementation of emerging technologies and adaptive experimentation platforms.
- Owning on key technology topics and will provide hands-on technology leadership, including ideation, identification, and selection of which technologies are appropriate to achieve strategic and tactical goals.
- Motivatingand manage a team of ML engineers to architect and build best in class AI Industrialization Solutions. Engage, lead and enhance directly on all aspects of building the AI Industrialization system– performance, scalability, architecture, build, implementation, operation & optimization.
- Prescribingmethodology and solution blueprint for various modules: Model Management, Governance, Real-time and batch AI processors, Feature Engineering Work with Data Governance & Architecture & AI center organization to align on standards, methodologies and principles for AI ML Data platforms.
- Working with leadership and help align on strategies across the enterprise and communicate these across the Enterprise to help drive adoption of ML Engineering solutions. Collaborate with Data Architects, Scientists and Enterprise Architects to arrive at North star for ML Engineering.
- Building prototypes and proof of concepts to prove out new technologies and products that will be adopted into overall AI&D ecosystem.
- Conducting projects in an agile fashion and continuously improve Speed-to-market with ML Engineering products. Evaluate tools and technologies, niche ML Engineering vendors, products and services and provide recommendations. Define and Implement governance processes to ensure data and architecture compliance.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of all aspects of Machine Learning processes, tools, systems.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with ML Engineering techniques and tools including ML Models measurement techniques, real-time and batch AI processors.
- Knowledgeof and hands on experience with Data wrangling, Feature engineering and creating scalable Data pipelines.
- Experience with GCP, AWS or other similar cloud solutions.
- Experience with database technologies like NoSQL, RDBMS, Graph DBs(like Druid, Neo4J), Presto, Hive, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostGreS, Teradata.
- Experience with designing and implementing complex enterprise systems including logging, monitoring, scheduling, CICD pipelining, code repos Proficient in Big Data Technologies , Data Transport (Pulsar/Kafka), Spark, Jupyter/ Python.
- Experience working with languages like Core Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlet, Node.js, Angular, Python, R, Scala, SQL, in UNIX/Hadoop environments Expertise with large containerized environments utilizing Kubernetes, Docker, APIGEE and strong understanding of cloud solutions.
- Experience with modeling platforms and tools like Domino, Jupyter, H2O.ai, DataRobot, Conda, ML Flow Knowledge of Feature engineering platform like Feast, Hopswork etc.
- Knowledge of Model Development & Management Lifecycle.
- Knowledge of - computing statistical significance, Familiarity with Statistical Model measurements and metrics - ML and DL modelling and other data science techniques.
- Knowledge of various algorithms - Scalable Distributed training & compute platform Exposure to product based development methodology is desirable Experience with various agile methodologies and tools: JIRA, Confluence, Gitlab, CICD, etc..
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).