Engineering Technologist ( R-00081836 )
Are you smart, versatile, and resourceful? Do you like working with your hands and your brain? Do you enjoy all phases of product development, including design, prototype fabrication, integration, lab testing, and field testing? If so, we are looking for you, our next Engineering Technologist to work in San Diego, CA, as part of a small team to interface with Customers and End Users to tackle their unique set of requirements (never been done before) and multidiscipline designs like mechanical, electrical, optical and control logic.
Be an integral part of an energetic, highly engaged team where there are many overlapping roles and opportunities for cross-over skillsets to develop and contribute across a range of technologies. We know you’ll take great pride in technical creativity to rapidly develop new solutions to interesting problems.
- Mechanical and electrical fabrication and troubleshooting
- Data collection using a variety of lab equipment
- Provide direct support to project engineers and scientists
- Willingness to perform both field and office work
- High school diploma and 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance and the ability to obtain a Top-Secret Security Clearance
- Must be proficient with mechanical and electrical shop tools for the purpose of test article preparation and/or prototype development
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as with a team of Physicists, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and other technicians
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills, and must be meticulous, organized, responsible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Must possess strong communication skills
- Must thrive in fast-paced environment
- Experience with MS Office
- Some travel within the US is required
- Background in Engineering technology (2/4 year degree) or equivalent degree.
- Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Drawing development and maintenance using CAD software (Solidworks, Rhino, and Viso)
- Working knowledge of composite materials, Additive Manufacturing, adhesives, coatings, etc. is desirable
- Experience with optical instrumentation is a plus. On the job training can be provided.
- LabView operation or programming is a plus