Senior Data Analyst - Engineering Analytics ( 597728-1H )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, we run a world-class Engineering organization and as a part of the Engineering Program Office that manages large capital programs using state of the art analytics seek to improve the capital planning and management processes, enhancing systems, realigning the organization, and adding opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. The Network Strategy, Planning, and Engineering Analytics team supports multiple Verizon Lines of Business on strategy planning, geospatial data analytics, engineering support, and visual analytics.
As a Data Analyst on the team, you’ll work as part of an interdisciplinary team including Computer Scientists and Network Engineers and interact with internal Lines of Business and external business partners. You’re a data enthusiast eager to ingest, explore, and make connections between multiple large datasets from different sources. You’re analytical and a quick thinker capable of extracting valuable insights from data. You’re familiar with techniques for data munging and wrangling using multiple software packages. You work with a sense of urgency and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. You let your data come alive through creative storytelling and data visualization. You're able to present your insights with confidence, and have the leadership qualities to enable other teams to learn how to analyze the data. You’ll also connect various data locations to stage data before visualizations. The business insights and recommendations you provide will help to improve performance.
- Identifying business problems and developing analytic techniques to provide solutions to external teams.
- Driving multiple technical and data-related projects of varying scopes and complexities.
- Working with other business units within Verizon, vendors, and executives to represent and drive our organization's strategy.
- Using data visualization and other data-gathering methods to either provide internal strategic direction or guide decisions for other teams.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You are good with numbers and you love to dig into data to find the story. Crafting reports and dashboards is a fun afternoon for you. You’re able to translate numbers into compelling stories - and tailor your presentation and recommendations to the audience function and level to meet their needs. You are detail-oriented and know how to focus on what really matters. You have a knack for understanding and visualizing just the right way to share data and practical insights so that people can understand. You enjoy aligning various work streams to ensure the same vision and goal is achieved. We’re looking for someone who can partner with a product group to provide business intelligence from understanding what’s going on with the business, identifying the right data, conducting research and doing analyses, to coming up with insights and making recommendations. The business insights you provide will help your product team run better and make better decisions. Collaborating with your product group to understand business needs and staying up to date on all the product initiatives and plans.
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Business, Marketing, Information Systems, Analytics/Business Intelligence, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL (PostgreSQL, Oracle, Teradata).
- Experience working with statistical packages like R, Python, SPSS, JMP, or SAS.
- Experience creating powerful data visualizations using various tools (Tableau, matplotlib, D3.js).
- Lead projects independently from start to finish in a team environment.
- Experience crafting and delivering executive level presentations to non-technical audience including data summaries and visualizations.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing business environments which has changing priorities on a daily basis.
- Experience working with large datasets using tools like SQL, Hadoop, MapReduce, Pig/Hive, Spark, H2O.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases and big data repositories (Hadoop) and cloud-based repositories (AWS, Google Cloud).
- Experience working with business intelligence systems to provide diagnostic self-serve information to clients and business units.
- Program management experience.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL or equivalent programs.
- Experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint presentation creation.
- Experience with 5G, C-Band, Wireless technologies.
- Business intelligence/visualization software experience (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, Splunk).
- Data mining, preparation and modeling experience.
- Statistical analysis language experience.
- Data preparation tool experience.
- Communication and presentation skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).