Sr. Engineering Lead Platform ( 599423-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon New Business Incubation (NBI) is looking for the Thor or Captain Marvel (but please… no Hawkeyes) of software engineering to join us as a Sr. Engineering Lead. This role will help guide individual engineering scrum teams in developing and delivering cutting edge automation technologies to our customers via our industry leading 5G network. Reporting directly to the Chief Engineer of NBI, you will be responsible for the developing and shipping quality software that solves some of the hardest challenges in automation: Your goal is to lead your individual scrum team and collaborate with partnering teams to deliver a market-hardened SaaS solution for our ecosystem of platforms, services, and applications that drives efficiency, scalability, reliability, and security for both our internal and external customers. We are looking for a technical innovator with strong engineering instincts and a collaborative, empathetic approach to their work.
- Build and lead a team of software engineers which will work in a Scrum of Scrums environment to build a highly sophisticated multi-agent orchestration platform.
- Lead the implementation of various systems and components that are critical to our core platform.
- Hands-on software development and ownership of your team’s pieces of our platforms and products.
- Engage collaboratively with product management to help guide vision, roadmap, prioritization, and balance tradeoffs to optimize the speed at which we can delight our customers.
- Drive resolution of technical issues, cross-leveraging of technologies, and overall collaboration by working with cross-functional teams from multiple business units within Verizon.
- Mentor, manage, and foster the professional development of our new engineers.
- Design and code review of teammates’ work.
**This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager. **
What we’re looking for...
You have the ability to drive alignment across a diverse array of perspectives, and find your joy in both solving exceptionally difficult problems, writing code and mentoring the next generation of software engineers.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Eight or more years of experience developing complex platforms leveraging AI/ML components.
- Eight or more years of experience designing, building and shipping large-scale distributed software services and solutions.
- Seven or more years of experience building, mentoring, and leading high-accountability, high-performing software development teams.
- Mastery of multi-platform, microservices, and event-driven architecture.
- Mastery of DevSecOps, including CI/CD automation, Infrastructure as Code, and threat mitigation and response, with an emphasis on ransomware attacks.
- Demonstrated expertise in software-defined networking for IoT, including Northbound/Southbound interfaces.
- Demonstrated understanding of robotics and/or edge computing.
- Broad technical skills and understanding of full stack cloud applications, high performance compute, data analytics, and data security + governance models.
- A willingness to lead by example, a dedication to alignment and harmony, and a proven ability to influence both senior executives and independent project teams with competing interests to achieve consensus.
- Deep understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $122,000 and $227,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).