Manager, Software Engineering - naviHealth - Telecommute (107076795)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with naviHealth. At naviHealth, our mission is to work with extraordinarily talented people who are committed to making a positive and powerful impact on society by transforming health care.
naviHealth is the result of almost two decades of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for care transition solutions. We do health care differently and we are changing health care one patient at a time.
The Manager, Software Engineering in our Boston based Engineering organization is a key member of the Boston based engineering leadership team, reporting to the Director of Software Engineering. The position leads and is responsible for a significant software product development domain within our SaaS Care Transition platform that helps our customers succeed in improving the care outcome and reducing healthcare cost in the continuum of care spectrum for the patients. The Manager Software Engineering must be extremely customer focused, resourceful, and have keen business acumen. and the position must be able to work and collaborate within the department and across other locations within naviHealth to build consensus and be a driving force in “getting things done.” The position is responsible for building and motivating a high performing, talented teams of 20+ engineers and testers located in the US and offshore locations in delivering business value and accomplishing business objectives.
- Responsible for the managing one of the core products within naviHealth’s Patient Care Transition Platform. Work with the Product Management and relevant business stakeholders in understanding key business and product requirements; drive initiative effort estimate, project planning, and resource planning in a collaborate manner with peers
- Responsible for sustaining and supporting the technology and platform in making sure the services are high performing, stable and highly available in the production platform
- Work with the Platform Architect in defining architecture and implementation roadmap. Ensure adherence to the established architecture framework and design patterns
- Develop and mentor talent. Conduct performance review and provide effective and actionable development feedback to staff and create development plan in order to develop our talent pool
- Responsible for project planning and execution following an agile/scrum process
- Manage project budget and ensure on time, on budget and quality delivery of product roadmap commitment to business stakeholders
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience designing and building Enterprise-class SaaS products using a variety of technologies, especially development using micro services architecture and service-oriented development paradigm
- 1+ years of experience in leading and managing multiple engineering teams with at least 10+ staff
- Broad technical skills (while hands on coding is not required, the ability to challenge and critique technical design and conduct code review)
- Strong business acumen and ability to exercise balanced judgement between the technologies, design, and the need of business
- Proven record designing and solutioning enterprise level SaaS platforms; comfortable muti-tasking in an agile, fast paced environment often with multiple priorities; ability to make sound judgement and prioritize tasks at hands are essential
- Demonstrated experience solving complex problems with elegance and simplicity
- Extremely customer focused
- Effective in working with Product Management team in defining product requirement and building product and technical roadmap
- Effective working cross-departmentally and building consensus
- Effective in work effort estimate and resource planning
- Excellent communication skills, problem solving skills, and a driving force in removing roadblocks and impediments in order to get things done
- Master’s degree
- Healthcare industry experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Being a pioneer in post-acute management and care transitions with 19 years of experience, naviHealth is uniquely positioned to manage patients, improve clinical and financial outcomes, and share risk with payors and providers. We provide clinical service support alongside proprietary technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans and post-acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes.
We care about the people we serve
We care about each other
We care about our communities
We embrace innovation
We like simple
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by colleagues assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. naviHealth reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
naviHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.