VP of Transmission Line Engineering ( R-00084418-OTHLOC-PL-2D0500 )
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as leaders who will encourage career development and growth.
In this role, you can also expect to gain
- Strategic Development
- Expanding Portfolio of Business
- Partnering with a Variety of Utility Clients Nationwide
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
We are seeking a Section Manager for the Transmission Engineering Section of Power Delivery Services. In this role you will lead a dynamic team of engineering consultants that execute Transmission-Line and Substation Civil/structural engineering projects.
Provide leadership to the section which is comprised of 70+ FTE’s.
Oversee the project teams to execute design projects for Medium, High Voltage and Extra High Voltage transmission lines and substation site civil, foundation and structural projects.
- Oversee proposal efforts, review, and provide proposal approval within authorization limits.
- Partner directly with a variety of utility clients nationwide to gain an understanding of both the scale/scope of project: from engineering design through construction support.
- Maintain and manage client relationships
- Partner with the business development teams and account managers to support sales and new business activities.
- Lead and champion training activities to ensure the staff in the section have the technical knowledge to execute projects with high quality.
- Partner with the Project Management Office (PMO) and finance team to ensure projects are being executed with high quality and meet the financial obligations of Leidos and its customers.
- Lead the team to achieve the annual operating plan metrics and ensure the team is positioned for growth in the industry
- Focus on employee initiatives that drive retention.
- Requires a Bachelor’s in Civil or Electrical Engineering and fifteen (15) + years of prior relevant experience
- Ten (10) + years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Must have an understanding of Transmission Lines design. Professional Engineering Registration (NCEES Record preferred).
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Capability to lead all aspects of a large engineering team.
- Sales pipeline creation.
- Work effectively in team environment with the ability work also independently.
- Ability to develop staff through mentoring.
- Capability to review engineering calculations, models and designs for Transmission Lines
- Knowledge of engineering estimates, construction cost estimating, specification, material procurement process, project schedule creation, and construction work packages.
- Ability to travel periodically to visit with clients and to visit Leidos offices
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams.
Leidos offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions, and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
PDSTLINEPay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.