Principal Engineering-Systems Engineering ( 595945-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a systems engineer in the Network Systems team, you will be responsible for architecting, integrating, supporting, and monitoring software solutions that support Verizon’s Wireless Network Assurance Field and System engineers. As a proactive self-starter, you will leverage your experience in DevSecOps to drive automation initiatives in QA and implementation with a "can-do" approach. You will serve as a subject matter expert to our SAFe product owners and scrum teams, and you will assist in creating and driving process efficiencies.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, EE, MIS, or four years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of professional experience with relational databases and SQL (Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Experience with complex operations and table join.
- Six or more years of professional experience in the DevSecOps arena.
- Experience in CI/CD and operational support.
- Three or more years ofexperience work in an agile development environment (e.g. Scrum, SAFe).
- Knowledgein Linux and networking.
- Experience automating and managing software builds with Git/Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory.
- Experience maintaining operational KPIs and statistics
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles related to security, automation, efficiency, resiliency and supportability
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience with mobile applications and ecosystems.
- Experience with IaaS/cloud technologies e.g. AWS, Openstack. (VCP), Azure, GCP.
- Experience in enterprise networking.
- Experience with NoSQL solutions (e.g. Elasticsearch).
- Tableau or other data visualization tools experience.
- Experience with AI/ML and tools (e.g. Tensorflow).
- Experience with Verizon’s application custodian, global clearance, and GSAM processes.
- Ability to coordinate and work well within a team environment to meet common goals
- Ability to take on complex assignments with minimal guidance.
- Ability to create clear and detailed technical diagrams and documents.
- Ability to work flexible/extended hours as/when required by our business partners.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).