Sr. Manager, Engineering - Telecommute (107451154)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Find Care is leveraging technology and data to develop tools to allow members to find health care that fits their needs. As part of the United Healthcare Group, we have the opportunity to work on problems at scale and innovate to meet the demands of a challenging industry.
In this role you will be leading a development team of talented and driven engineers building data ingestion platform utilizing Kafka, ElasticSearch, and Scala technologies.
To know more about Optum Technology, select this video.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead a scrum team with a dedicated PM and PjM and full stack engineers (most teams are 6-8 engineers)
- Partner with PM and PjM to define and iterate on your roadmap
- Responsible for the delivery of project for your team
- Set goals for your team and help their career growth
- Promote team collaboration and engineering excellence
- Define metrics to measure the efficiency of your team
- Iterate and apply knowledge to face future challenges
- Be a leader in the organization and constantly seek for opportunities to improve
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of relevant SW Development experience in web or mobile applications
- 2+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- Coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications (i.e. Java; Scala, Kotlin, Python, C# Ruby on Rails or equivalent programming language)
- Perform feature level design given high-level requirements, taking into account our requirements, data/Indicators/reporting, scalability/performance requirements, and time available to implement
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or other related field
- Experience in the Healthcare industry
- Experience with data streaming or ETL pipeline
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager, Engineering, Remote, Telecommute, WFH, Work From Home, WAH, Work At Home