Sr. Data Engineering Consultant - Telecommute (107870501)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Solutions Design team leads partnership due diligence efforts with prospective health system clients to assess the financial value and operational delivery risk of a partnership with Optum. Our goal is ultimately to convert sales prospects into revenue generating partnerships utilizing Optum’s solutions to make the health system work better for everyone. We work closely with the initial sales prospecting process and services optimization and delivery to determine financial value opportunity and methods to create revenue and/or efficiencies for our clients.
The Sr Data Engineering Consultant will be responsible for data analysis for assessments completed by Optum’s Solution Design team. Through their work, the consultant will leverage big data to interpret client performance and develop clinical and revenue improvement estimates and financial models for potential clients. To complete this effort, the Sr Data Engineering Consultant should understand the wide array of clinical healthcare performance analytics and commit to developing a level of proficiency and knowledge about Optum’s solutions. This role should have experience in Azure services (i.e.) Azure data factory, data bricks etc. This candidate will be assisting the team in modernizing our current process, services optimization, and delivery to determine financial value opportunity and methods to create revenue and/or efficiencies for our MPP clients.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges
- Work with various pillar leads (RCM, IT, Analytics, Clinical, Finance and G&I) to maintain master data request reflecting their evolving data needs from Market Performance prospects as a basis for conducing opportunity analysis and determining value creation
- Deepen operational alignment: establish analytics based upon operational delivery performance, advanced integration
- Work with multiple Optum business units to help them evolve their opportunity analyses (especially value creation) for MPPs
- Discovery: automate and scale methods of estimating potential value. Identify and build connections with internal data sources to advance insights into initial sales pitch
- Diligence: deepen methods of delivering clinical insights and create repeatable methods of measuring value
- Expand & pre-sales analytics data requirements into Data Engineering's data model and contribute innovative ways to visually represent client data
- Put in place mechanisms to ensure that data from MPP prospects is complete and is routed to the multiple Optum business units in a timely manner for purposes of defining improvement opportunities (recommended initiatives/programs and related value creation)
- Work with multiple Optum business units to help them develop multi-year financial pro formas for MPP prospects
- Work with other team members to identify data needs, sources, and structures to support solving operational and client needs
- Analyze/interpret the results of analyses and develop appropriate conclusions, recommendations, and prescribed actions
- Lead data architecture, data movement design, and data modelling initiatives to expanded and refine the content within the client data warehouse. Including the design and transition into modern Azure-based infrastructure
- Contribute to and advance data architecture strategy and adherence
- Advance collaboration capabilities between Optum design team & our clients to ensure seamless & client friendly diligence processes
Drive Client value by:
- Lead efforts to drive process optimization and transformation for the data engineering team
- Apply knowledge of data modeling, statistics, benchmarking metrics from existing client data to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, and make valuable discoveries/predictions leading to more actionable insights for prospect clients
- Partner with leaders and stakeholders to support designing engagements to transform and reinvent people, process, and technologies. Engagements are complex and diverse in scope and require resiliency and influence
- Champion a compelling point of view to innovate from more standard methodologies and to infuse an empathy-enabled transformation culture
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in SQL queries, SQL language and experience in both relational & dimensional database management/manipulation
- 2+ years of experience with hands-on working experience with Azure services (i.e., Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions, Azure App Service)
- Financial acumen - ability to spot conflicting/overlapping value creation hypotheses and work with disparate business units to resolve
- Experience with data visualization tools (Domo, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Healthcare Provider domain experience
- Technical Management experience
- Solid strategic thinking skills - ability to critically review data needs and related business models/operations and financial/economic models
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.