Cyber Security Engineering Lead ( R-00088826 )
Are you looking to make a difference? Leidos in San Diego, CA is looking for a Cyber Security Engineering Lead to join our team within our Intelligence Organization.
Leidos ranks as a top industry leader for its high performance and high reliability ensuring priority of our nation’s safety. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter.
We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe. With a 9/80 schedule, and every other Friday off, our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. This is your chance to join a dynamic team working across multiple disciplines with opportunities to further expand your knowledge and grow your career.
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come join our mission!
This key role requires extensive experience in enterprise level cybersecurity, technology, and influence. Experience with the following processes: software security, cloud security, endpoint security, network security and vulnerability management are essential. The candidate will be a self-motivated, detail-oriented performer who has a strong desire to influence positive change. This senior leader will make cyber security a fundamental part of product development while collaborating with stakeholders.
Additional position responsibilities also include:
- Set the vision, roadmap, and lead efforts to verify the security of our code, products, and infrastructure for DoD Services and Governing Agencies.
- Act as a conduit between the Key Management Enterprise and the DoD Services to assist with providing cyber and crypto-related technical considerations and solutions.
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with stakeholders to champion security priorities and objectives.
- Create frictionless paths for our Engineering teams to securely build and deploy applications.
- Participate and lead discussions at customer meetings, working groups, and technical interchange meetings associated with the work performed in this project.
- Relocation assistance available to move to San Diego, CA.
- Position requires US citizenship and an active TS/SCI DoD security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Engineering, Cyber Security, Information Systems, Engineering Science, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Ten (10+) years’ experience of related experience supporting programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity.
- Demonstrated experience working in the cyber security domain with knowledge of cyber engineering, systems and tool analysis.
- Visionary leader: strong communicator possessing a demonstrated ability to conceive, construct and advance business and technology solutions and stakeholder sponsorship to support organizational information security projects and initiatives.
- An understanding of the constraints to encryption and key management introduced by the space domain, including performance, latency
Working knowledge and experience with computing and related technologies preferred including:
- Scripting support such as Python, bourne/c shell/k shell/ bash
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- AI related frameworks such as pytorch, tensor flow
- Database design, configuration, replication, backup, archive, and restore
- Continuous integration environments (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab-CI).
- Familiar with software languages such as C/C++, C#, Java
- Familiarity with Agile processes including
- Agile / Scrum
- Tools and environment such as Jira, VersionOne
- Agile use, automation, configuration, tracking, and optimization
- Understanding of Cryptographic Key Management based on EKMS and KMI.
- COMSEC Operations and Accountability
- Transfer, receipt, accounting, inventory, reconciliation, and reporting
- Warehouse operations, receiving, distribution, reporting, and automation
- Detailed knowledge of Networking and Interface technologies including
- Web services including RESTful and SOAP
- Documentation with IETF/RFCs
- OpenAPI standards
- ASN.1 constructs, usage, compilers, and implementations
- Understanding of Security requirements and implementation including
- Authentication, integrity, and confidentiality services and implementation
- Public Key Infrastructure with trust chains, certificates, revocation checking, cert validation
- Cryptographic mechanisms such as SHA, HMAC, Elliptic Curve, and quantum resistance approaches
- Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
- Security monitoring including gathering, reporting, and response using SIEM
- Security frameworks adhering to STIGs, RMF
DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.