Software Engineering Lead (Java) (111049373)
Software Engineer Lead
Optum Global Advantage
DocASAP, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is a high-performing startup that is optimizing the health care industry by transforming 1.1 million providers into one streamlined system that reduces wait times for patients so they can get access to care when they need it. DocASAP is a patient access platform that matches the patient with the right provider, at the right time and right setting.
As part of Optum, the Engineering team plays a key role in defining and growing DocASAP's intelligent, market leading platform. You will play a significant part in supporting the transformation and scalability of our platform to meet the market needs. You will be supporting and driving the DocASAP SaaS capabilities, responsible for building and managing our APIs.
Challenge yourself by shaping what health care looks like while doing your life’s best work.
What You Will Do:
- Work as a part of our core engineering team to ensure the highest standards of design, implementation, performance, and security
- Work closely with the product team to ensure all customer needs are met
- Design and build upcoming new features
- Support and extend existing features
What You Need:
- BTech/BE in Computer Science or related fields from Tier 1 colleges
- 4+ years of experience working in software engineering organizations, preferably in high-volume, consumer-facing applications
- Good knowledge of Java and Spring F/W (Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring ORM, Spring Rest, Spring Cloud)
- Good knowledge of relational database design and query via both SQL and ORM (hibernate, spring data)
- Good knowledge of ElasticSearch or other document-oriented database
- Good knowledge of Microservice architecture, including REST API design
- Good knowledge of asynchronous data pipelines using Kafka or AWS SNS/SQS or similar modern messaging framework
- Good knowledge of AWS or other public cloud environment
- Hands-on experience with Redis Cache, Memcache or Ehcache
- Good knowledge of domain-driven design is a huge plus
- You should be curious, autonomous and motivated to explore, learn new/legacy technologies as the tasks/role demands
- Good communication skills
- Great team player
- Working with US healthcare domain is a +
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.