Infra Ops Engineering Consultant (111046178)
DocASAP, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is a high-performing startup that is optimizing the health care industry by transforming 1.1 million providers into one streamlined system that reduces wait times for patients so they can get access to care when they need it. DocASAP is a patient access platform that matches the patient with the right provider, at the right time and right setting.
As part of Optum, the Engineering team plays a key role in defining and growing DocASAP's intelligent, market leading platform. You will play a significant part in supporting the transformation and scalability of our platform to meet the market needs. You will be supporting and driving the DocASAP SaaS capabilities, responsible for building and managing our APIs.
Challenge yourself by shaping what health care looks like while doing your life’s best work
What is the Job like?
- Craft Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions to support platform services, large scale microservices and secure networking.
- Collaborate with other specialists, product managers, and other departments to ensure code meets internal standards.
- Deploy and manage Containers orchestration, Service mesh, API gateways, CI/CD components & Observability stack.
- Collaborate with Developers and develop abstractions for a great developer experience.
What are we looking for?
- 6+ years of Hands-on experience with AWS/Public Cloud ecosystem, infrastructure automation and monitoring tools
- Kernel, Networking and OS fundamentals.
- Public and Private cloud solutions (AWS-Good to have, GCP, Azure)
- Experience in distributed systems and micro-service based architectures.
- Knowledge about CI/CD practices, Deployment patterns and relevant toolsets.
- Practical experience with K8s, envoy, API gateway, Service Mesh
- Infrastructure as code & Configuration management with tools like Terraform, Chef, Cloudformation etc
- Worked on observability practices and toolchains (Monitoring, Metrics, Logging, Alerts & Tracing) (Prometheus, Cloudwatch, Relic, Datadog, ELK, EFK )
- Programming with Python or Java is a must.
- Strong in analytical problem solving and looking beyond what’s obvious.
- Proven influencing skills and experience – the ability to drive change and to influence globally dispersed teams not under Direct Management
- Multi-cloud experience with AWS / Azure / GCP
- Professional certifications with AWS / Azure / GCP desirable
Good to have
- You have extended Kubernetes and/or are familiar with Kubernetes operators.
- You have built distributed solutions for configuration, monitoring and auto-mitigation of services.
- You have experience with cloud automations using Python, Lambda and have concepts on service control policies/ AWS Control Tower etc.
- You have knowledge about service discovery, networking security, multi-tenancy, database access, concurrency control or cache consistency.
- You are familiar with one or more open source projects, such as Prometheus, Grafana, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Envoy.
- You have experience mentoring junior engineers or leading projects.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.