Engineering Technologist ( R-00089362 )
We are in search of an Engineering Technologist to join our diverse and fast-paced organization. As a core team member, you will be interacting with other electric utility disciplines, playing a valuable part in performing field inspections, engineering design work and calculations. As a part of this work, you’ll be coordinating with permit agencies, right-of-way specialists, system owners, field leaders, forestry leaders, and 3rd party owners for joint-owned poles.
Additionally, you will provide engineering support during construction, including post-construction reviews to ensure all applicable engineering and construction standards have been met, as well as conducting root cause analysis of outages and mitigation using engineering principles and design. You’ll engage with technical design and Client standards, ensuring quality and timeliness of design deliverables to QAQC.
- Travel to sites as needed, perform inspections and return to the office to perform engineering design work.
- Review work provided by Client and assess requirements of scopes.
- Perform engineering calculations as: structural analysis for wood pole loading, guying calculations, specifying conductor sags and tensions for recommended spans, and calculation of voltage drop and flicker.
- Provide engineering support during construction, including post-construction reviews to ensure all applicable engineering and construction standards have been met.
- Conduct root cause analysis of outages and mitigation using engineering principles and design.
What you will bring to the table:
- AS degree in Engineering Technology or related and 1-3 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Willingness to perform both field and office work
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel, and ability to utilize your personal vehicle (10-20% estimated)
- Ability to work in outdoor environments
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies.”
PDSDLINEPay Range:Pay Range $36,400.00 - $56,000.00 - $75,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.