Telecom Engineering Planner ( R-00090644 )
Leidos is looking for a Senior Engineering Planner to join our team in our Anchorage, Alaska office. This ideal candidate will provide support for the FAA Communications Engineering Program, supporting Radio and Telecommunications efforts across the state of Alaska.
- This position will plan and coordinate closely with the customer and team to set priorities, plan, schedule and track all phases and aspects of multiple projects of varying complexity, including budgets, goals, deliverables, logistics and reporting.
- Prepare and coordinate the engineering plans and project schedules for new or existing projects.
- Determine, monitor, and reviews costs, operational budgets and schedules, and manpower requirements.
- Supports and participates in negotiations with customer.
- Analyzes effects of projects upon various areas such as Engineering, Facilities, and the labor pool to determine the most practical and cost-efficient methods to obtain the required resources.
- Formulates and recommends corrective action measures such as schedule revisions, manpower adjustments, fund allocations, and work requirements.
Occasional Travel may be required.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
- Bachelors degree and 4+ years of experience OR a Masters degree and 2 years of experience. An additional years of relevant experience maybe considered/accepted in lieu of degree. Candidate with less experience maybe also considered.
- Understanding of Alaskan construction challenges and logistics is required.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Project Management experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products.
- Familiar with FAA programs and practices.
- Familiar with general aviation.
- Working knowledge of Primavera, MS Project, OR other project management software.
- Satellite and/or Communications System Experience.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- PMP certification is a plus.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.