Manager Software Engineering - Brentwood, TN or Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Sustain and support the technology and platform to ensure the services are high performing, stable, and highly available in the current Discharge production platform
- Work with the platform architect in defining architecture and implementation roadmap
- Ensure adherence to the established architecture framework and design patterns
- Develop and mentor talent
- Conduct performance review and provide effective and actionable development feedback to colleagues and create development plans to further develop our internal talent
- Remain accountable for project planning and execution following an agile/scrum process
- Manage project budget and ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of product roadmap commitment to business stakeholders
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience designing and building Enterprise-class SaaS products using a variety of technologies, especially development using micro-services architecture and service-oriented development paradigm
- 4+ years of experience leading and managing multiple engineering teams
- Demonstrated experience solving complex problems with elegance and simplicity
- Broad technical skills (while hands-on coding is not required, the ability to challenge and critique technical design and conduct code review is required)
- Excellent business acumen and ability to exercise balanced judgment between the technologies, design, and the needs of business
- Proven record designing and solutioning enterprise-level SaaS platforms; comfortable multi-tasking in an agile, fast-paced environment often with multiple priorities; ability to make sound judgment and prioritize tasks at hands are essential
- Master’s degree
- Healthcare industry experience
- Effective in working a product management team in defining product requirement and building product and technical roadmap
- Ability to work and collaborate within the department and cross-functional within naviHealth to build consensus and be a driving force in “getting things done”
- Effective in work effort estimate and resource planning
- Extremely customer focused
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving skills, and a driving force in removing roadblock and impediment to get things done
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.