Mechanical Engineering Intern- Fall 2022
Join The #1 Furniture Company – Join The #1 Furniture Brand
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry’s broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
Using our internationally acclaimed in-house design team, we create the look without paying expensive design fees. Then, by adhering to some of the most efficient production standards in the world, we can maximize productivity and minimize waste, generating additional savings for you. Finally, all orders are filled from strategically located regional warehouses and are serviced by our own fleet of trucks, the largest in the industry.
Maintenance Internship- Electro Mechanical Engineering
What Will You Do?
As an intern with Ashley, you will utilize your mechanical engineering principles by working on real-world projects that will be utilized in our organization, this includes maintaining and repairing electromechanical drives, sensors and automated machinery while working with maintenance and engineers to install and evaluate electromechanical systems to support the manufacturing process.
- Troubleshoot, test and repair electronic production equipment
- Perform electrical and mechanical repairs as required to maintain all processes in the factory
- Develop a thorough understanding of all electromechanical control systems in the factory
- Contribute ideas for improvements in all areas using the appropriate means of communication
- Familiar with PLC’s
- De-bugging, running off, and installation of new and rebuilt equipment
What Do You Need?
- Pursuing a degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Automation, or a similar field.
- Familiar with PLC’s
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent decision-making and follow-through skills.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with all organizational levels
- Skilled in time management
Who Are We?
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.