Senior Manager Quality Engineering - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Be accountable for Quality delivery of HSID program and drive the development of the QA strategy, methodology, discipline and framework
- Responsible for Leading and directing the QA leadership team
- Provide leadership and technical expertise in Test Automation, Testing Methodologies, Testing Processes, Tools and Techniques across the teams
- Responsible for automation framework set-up, maintenance and enhancements like creating, adding new features, code refactoring on regular basis
- Point of contact for automation framework related issues/questions
- Ensuring that all the team members through out the program adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the Automation QA strategy as defined
- Train new QA sources on automation framework
- Ensuring that all the team members through out the program adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the QA strategy as defined
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including proper usage of appropriate and available testing tools, test techniques, test automation to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort
- Building and maintenance of quality standards as well as enforcing these standards are being followed
- Monitoring of all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes
- Gather and present testing metrics and testing activities for the projects to key stakeholders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience as a Quality Engineer or Automation Engineering functions
- 2+ years of Java experience
- Experience in managing a team of 5+
- Hands-on experience in all types of testing including unit, integration, system, sanity, smoke, regression, acceptance, performance
- Experience with enterprise-level test automation tools and frameworks, including both open source and commercial products
- Experience with back-end API testing
- Experience implementing quality engineering practices in a CI / CD pipeline or workflow, version control, test management, and integrating automation frameworks
- Hands-on experience in Java, Cucumber, Selenium, API testing tools, and familiarity with performance testing tools
- Proficient in creating test strategies, and developing test plans
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL query language
- Excellent understanding of SDLC and Agile methodology
- Ability to align best quality testing process with Agile, DevOps model
- Good communicator at all levels of the organization
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.