Specialist, Shift Engineering
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
The Digital Plant Shift Engineer will be an integral member of the Digital Plant team within Bristol Myers Squibb at the Devens, MA campus. This role requires troubleshooting, root cause analysis, development of resolutions to Incidents, Investigation support, Information and Data requests, and technical support for Biologics Manufacturing Processes in a timely manner with escalation as needed. Business Critical computerized systems include automated process automation systems, manufacturing execution systems, quality system, data systems, and other systems directly supporting operations at the Devens campus. In addition, this role provides application service management, outage management, life-cycle management, and compliant change implementation.
- Support the 24/7 operation of all GMP computerized systems (including Process Automation Systems, and Manufacturing Execution Systems) utilized in the Manufacturing and Process Development facilities at Devens.
- Focus on developing the technical and communication skills required to effectively support and troubleshoot complex automated and computerized systems while working in a cross functional Biologics organization.
- Follow applicable standard operating procedures while working with validated systems.
- Provide troubleshooting support and investigate the root cause of incidents. Propose resolution and escalate issues accordingly.
- Leverage and develop documentation within the knowledge base to resolve issues encountered, and facilitate the troubleshooting of future Incidents
- Assume the role of site point of contact for planned / unplanned outages.
- Perform periodic system administration related activities to ensure systems operate within prescribed specifications.
- Support the configuration, testing and implementation of process control solutions to a variety of complex technical problems.
- Provide excellent customer service.
Knowledge and Skill
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- 0-2 years’ experience with Process Control Systems or Manufacturing Systems.
- Knowledge and / or application of computerized systems.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
- Understands the expectations of working in regulated industries such as Biotech, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Devices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to escalate when required.
- Work with all departments within the organization, specifically Manufacturing Operations, Quality Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Laboratory Systems, Manufacturing Sciences and Technology, Control Systems, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Data and Analytics teams, Enterprise teams, and Site Utility teams.
- Work within all Site Facilities, which requires one to give a high attention to detail, observe Hygienic practices including gowning, and on occasion to properly use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- This is a shift (Day, Night) position providing support of 24/7 manufacturing operations. Shifts will require weekend coverage on an alternating schedule.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.